Thursday, November 18, 2021

Connor is 6 weeks!

Connor is 6 weeks old today and really I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks since we started our journey as a family of four.

We're surviving so far!  Some days are rougher than others but we're getting by.  I thought going from 0 to 1 kid was going to be the hardest transition but 1 to 2 kids has given me a run for my money and I'm just glad that my kids are 3 years apart in age and not closer because the demand on this mama is real.  Thankfully my kids are adorable and still make me smile even when I'm beyond exhausted sometimes.

Funny story about the two pics below -- I try to get pictures of Declan and Connor when they are together and when I ask Declan to smile, he tells me he's not in the mood for pictures so I miss out on some adorable moments.  But there are days we're playing in Connor's room after Declan gets home from school and the only thing Declan wants to do is sit in the rocking chair and pose for pictures with his brother.  Those are the times when I don't have my phone handy so he tells me, "Mom, get your phone and take a picture of us."  And of course, when I snap a pic I get these cheesy grins from Declan.  Cracks me up every time.



Last week I took Connor in for his one month checkup and he's a growing boy!

Here are his one month stats compared to Declan's:

Weight: 9 lbs 15.6 ozs (45%)  /  8 lbs 14.6 ozs (22%)

Length: 21.75 inches (52%)  /  22.75 inches (94%)

Head: 38.5 cm (81%)  /  36.75 cm (32%)

I also did a side by side of their one month pics and was so surprised.  I really think they look more alike than what this picture shows.

Also, it's interesting because I thought Connor was so much smaller than Declan but I guess I'm just a bit foggy when it comes to remembering Declan's newborn days.  So far, Connor has not taken as much interest in the Baby Einstein mat like Declan did at this age.  Anytime he lays on it, he's content for a few minutes and then wants to be up and about.  Connor is more about cuddles and looking around while being held on someone's shoulder.  He's found his voice in the last week and will coo and babble and smile at you.  It's the sweetest.


We're still working on sleeping through the night and getting a schedule in place.  Hopefully we'll get this mastered in the next few weeks and we'll be ready for the holidays and for when I go back to work in January.


No comments: