Saturday, February 13, 2021

Two Week Wait Results

We made it through the two week wait from my FET and we received some positive news!  


Based upon my levels on Tuesday when I had my first blood test, I am pregnant.  I went back on Thursday to check my levels again and my hCG continue to rise so here we are expecting our second child.  It is still extremely early so we aren't saying anything to anyone just yet but it is exciting none the less.  I have my first checkup with my Fertility doc on Tuesday and this is where he we determine how things are going and set a due date.  Since my transfer was on January 26th, I'm expecting my due date to be set at October 14th.  This is 3 days after Declan's due date since his IVF transfer was 3 days before this one in 2018. 

My only concern if we are successful with this pregnancy, is possibly having kids with the same or super close birthdays.  I know whatever is going to happen will happen, but I'd hate for them to share a birthday.  Since this process isn't an easy one and I'm so very blessed to have one (and now two) miracles, I'd like for their birthdays to be uniquely their own, but really beggars can't be choosers can they?  We will work with whatever life throws at us.

We haven't mentioned anything to Declan yet and probably will wait for a few more weeks because he is at that age where he will tell anything he knows and while we're not ready to tell our families just yet, he may spill the beans for us before we're ready.  I am thinking about cute ways to tell him and then have him tell our families.

Speaking of Declan, he's had a fun week at school preparing for Valentine's day.  We got his treat bags and Valentines ready early in the week along with a box of chocolates for his teacher.  He was so excited to bring his gifts to his class and asked each day if it was time for his party.  He had spirit week and there was a theme for each day which he loved as well.  He's growing and talking by leaps and bounds and I couldn't love this boy more than I already do.  He brings so much joy to me and really he kept me from getting into my head too much over the last few weeks.  Our nighttime cuddles and singing Brown Bear and the ABCs to him before bedtime are two of the little things I cherish right now.  He's growing up so fast!

Here are a few pics of Declan's week:

My smiley boy enjoying "Sports Day" at school

Passing out Valentine's Treats for his friends.

I saved this for the caption. He has the sweetest heart!

So excited to open his Valentine's Box from GG and G-pa Roberts!

Enjoying a cookie pizza for National Pizza Day!


No comments: