Yesterday was my 38th birthday.....38 whole years old. I'm a middle-aged mom and I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Unlike last year, I didn't get to take my birthday off from work. It was month-end and the deadline for getting documents to our auditing firm for our year-end review, so instead I opted to take off Tuesday for my birthday comp day. It actually worked out better since I needed Tuesday off for my FET anyway (sometimes things work out in my favor!). It was a LONG day at work though with me going in a bunch of different directions trying to get everything done. Finally at 5:30 after 10 hours in the office, I made my way out the door to enjoy a birthday dinner with my family.
We went to my mom and Michael's for a delicious steak dinner. We picked up some steaks at Sam's Club last weekend since we knew going out to dinner would not be an option for us this year and mom cooked them up along with baked potatoes, cauliflower casserole, salad. For dessert, we had a turtle cheesecake dip mix that she turned into a yummy pie. Declan absolutely loves birthdays, no matter who's it is, and enjoyed helping me open my presents and blow out my candles.
After dinner, we started putting together the puzzle we ordered. Over the last few weekends, we've really gotten into puzzles with Mom and Michael. We finished the 2000 piece puzzle of Italy we had been working on and decided to start working on the 1500 piece puzzle of Las Vegas we picked up. It's definitely been nice to have a hobby that doesn't involve our phones or the TV all the time. We ended up working on it until 11 pm and got the border completed and by that time, my eyes were tired and I decided that I needed to get home and get to bed.
Overall it was a great day and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way (well, maybe a bit less work would have been nice!).
Here are a few pics from my day --
Declan helping me blow out my candles.




No comments:
Post a Comment