Declan is two weeks old today and an absolute joy!! I know I can't say it enough but I am so in love with this little boy! I don't know where the last two weeks have gone but time needs to slow down so I can savor all of these sweet moments with my baby a bit more!
This week, he's taken a greater interest in breastfeeding and has latched better with each passing day. We're still supplementing with formula here and there but not as much as we had to the first week.
We were a bit nervous with his umbilical cord stub which was just handing and smelling pretty foul so we ended up going back to the pediatrician on Saturday. Thankfully, everything was fine and it was normal and the doctor ended up removing it to let his belly button heal. Declan had his first bath on Sunday evening, which lasted all of 30 seconds because he absolutely hated it but it was another milestone for our little guy. We'll have to work on getting him to like the water!
This week was also the week that D went back to work and Declan and I have started to settle into a little bit of a routine. We're not completely set yet but we're starting somewhere. On Sunday, Kathy and Nicole visited and brought us a bunch of meals Steve made for us. We had my mom over for a few hours on Tuesday, Kahla came to spend Thursday and a good part of today with us and my dad also visited for a few hours this afternoon. Everyone just loves this boy so much and we're so lucky to have everyone visiting and helping us.
Declan and I have been bonding all week and along with napping and eating, we've been reading books, listening to music and starting to work on Declan's baby book.
I also started working out this week and while I've been out of the gym for almost two weeks, it was good to get back in there and do something. I haven't been cleared for much (no heavy weights, extensive cardio, etc) but I decided to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes just to help me get back into shape. It was a bit rough but I'm hopeful I'll be back on track soon!
Today we took Kinny to the vet for her two week checkup since she's been out of quarantine. She had her levels checked again and we are so grateful that everything came back normal on her Renal Panel. We're still waiting for the T4 results which should be back in a few days but at least her heart, electrolytes, temperature are back to normal. She's also gained a pound since her Labor Day visit to our family vet, which is also promising for the Radiocat Iodine I-131 treatment.
This weekend we do not have much planned, probably just taking it easy and staying around the house. I'm still a bit hesitant to take Declan out with the weather not super warm and heading into flu season. While I've had my flu shot and D getting his next week, Declan can't get his until he's at least 6 months old and this mama is a bit nervous of her baby catching something and getting sick. Also, we have D's mom and step-dad coming to town next week and we should be getting the house ready for their visit.
Here are a few pics from our week:
![]() |
| Kinny helping her dad care for her little brother. |




No comments:
Post a Comment