Sunday, May 21, 2017

It's May!

We're about halfway through May and things really haven't slowed down for us much.  We've attended a few weddings, worked on a few projects around our house and celebrated a few holidays. Speaking of which, last weekend was Mother's Day and we were able to spend the day with my mom and step-dad.  Kinny even surprised me with a few gifts over the weekend, including these yummy donuts.

Love me some cake donuts!
Apparently Kinny sent her dad out at 5:45 am to find her Mom sprinkled cake donuts.  I also got a Groupon to get a massage or facial at a local spa. It was definitely appreciated and I'm so grateful for my family.
After our donut breakfast and a workout, we had to get ready for a wedding.  One of my cousins on my dad's side married her longtime boyfriend and our family was invited.  We all attended the ceremony and then had a few hours to spare before the reception so we visited a local micro-brewery for drinks and some snacks.
The Rick clan at Stubborn German Brewing Company

We had a great time at the wedding and it brought back a lot of memories of our own wedding nearly 2 years ago especially since the colors were exactly the same as ours!  Who knew green would be such a popular wedding color!

This weekend it was time to get back to errands and projects around the house. Kinny needed an updated Rabies tag and since she no longer can be vaccinated due to the cancer caused by her last round of vaccines, we had to get an exemption from the county. D and I made a trip to the Dept of Humane Services and were able to pick up her exemption tag and since we were out we also hit Total Hockey, Menards for a new outdoor blower/vacuum and handheld Shark, Kohls and Target. D put his new outdoor blower/vacuum to use as we worked in the yard today cutting the grass, trimming the trees and bushes and cleaning up all of the old leaves.
Overall we had a productive weekend and we're getting ready for a short work week with Memorial Day coming up soon. While I'm looking forward to some time off, work demands so much attention that I'm sure I'll have quite the backlog going into month-end. Like I tell myself nearly every day, stay calm, you'll find a way to get through it all.  

And thankfully when I leave work, I have this sweet girl to cuddle up to....






No comments: