Things have been beyond busy around here with work and household responsibilities. Somedays I wonder why we became homeowners....give me back my renting days where my only responsibility was to keep the place decent looking so I could get back my security deposit.
Lately we've had the furnace go out, the dryer go out and multiple projects go haphazardly or half-finished for the time being. We'll get there eventually I guess but not anytime soon.
Besides the normal work craziness, I've been searching to find a new Staff Accountant to fill the position that has been vacant since early November. Who knew finding qualified help would be so difficult, but hopefully on Monday my new hire will start and live up to the expectations I have for the position. *fingers crossed*
I've been given a promotion to Senior Accountant and with that, my job has become even more non-stop over the past few months. I'm still working far too many hours each week. This weekend, knowing full well I'll have my hands full training the Staff Accountant next week, I spent a good part of my afternoon getting caught up with a few work projects so I can finish the easy input part when I get into the office on Monday. Tomorrow I need to start and hopefully finish a synopsis of the visit from our Software Company a month ago. It is a project dropped on me by my boss at 4:45 pm yesterday afternoon and is due by Thursday. I know I'm thinking a few days ahead but knowing my days never go as planned, if I don't start on my own time, I probably will be stuck doing it on my own time Wednesday night or early Thursday morning.
D is in the same boat as I am with work right now and we're both working a ton of hours both in and out of the office. We went to dinner with my parents tonight and then came home to hook back up to the laptops to get back to work. He's in the office and I'm out in the living room with Kinny helping me. So much for Saturday night curled up on the couch just enjoying some free time together.
I'm still trying to complete a few sets of taxes for people as well. I have two sets left to finish and while I enjoy taxes, I can hardly wait for the end of tax season. Doing taxes used to fill my free time and give me a bit of extra money on the side...now, I'm trying to juggle them with everything else going on. Somehow I always get through it, it just seems extra stressful this year.
If we're ever able to have kids, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage everything and it's weighed heavily on my mind lately. Both D and I have so much on our plates at any given time and some days it just seems impossible to take on more. I'm sure we'd figure it out but one or both of us will have to make some sacrifices. Right now I already feel like Kinny gets the short end of the stick with us gone for 10 hours a day and that's why I've made such a point to try to be home with her most weekends. She notices when we're home and when we're gone for too long and she needs our time as well. It hit me hard earlier this week as I was sitting at my desk eating lunch on Monday and all I wanted was to be home to cuddle with my sweet girl. I know it sounds crazy, but somedays I just want to be that stay-at-home kitty mom.
Anyway, just wanted to check in but I better get back to my work so I can at least take some of the pressure off of my week ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment