Our sweet girl is on the mend!
We picked her up from the hospital yesterday evening after work and it was definitely a rough night on all of us.
Obviously Kinny was frightened a bit coming home and wanted to hide right away but had some trouble since she can only hobble around on 3 legs. Not to mention she's on pain meds and had surgery only the day before. But, we all were so glad she was home! She's slowly coming around to her home surroundings again and we had a good day together today.
Thankfully, I was able to take today off of work. (Actually, I was taking today off no matter what because I was not going to abandon my girl once we got her home.) We were worried about her hurting her recovery, so she slept in her cat bed in the living room and I slept on the couch right next to her, in case she needed me. Around 4 this morning, she woke up and had a bit of food and some water which were also right next to her bed and then let out a huge wail. I woke D up and we all sat in the hallway for about 30 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong and what we should do before deciding to all go back to sleep in our bedroom.
D had to get up for work so Kinny and I decided that we'd just keep sleeping for awhile and that we did...well after 10 am in fact.
![]() |
| Thanks D for taking a pic of us sleeping this morning. |
The rest of the day we just decided to rest and take it easy. I know I have not had a day off in a few years where I did nothing besides rest; probably the last time was when I was hospitalized back in 2013. It was definitely needed on my part and I'm hoping it helped Kinny's recovery. My mom is coming over to spend tomorrow with Kinny and then D and I will be home the remainder of the weekend. We are relieved to put the surgery behind us and we know Kinny has quite a recovery ahead of her but we're ready to help her any way we can. She's our baby and the best kitty girl ever!


No comments:
Post a Comment