Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A quiet night

After work tonight, I dropped D off at the airport so he could fly back to Michigan to visit his grandparents for the next 4 days.  I can't take the time off of work right now and he's been wanting to make a trip up since he hasn't seen this side of the family since last Christmas, so off he went.  Of course in true girl fashion, I bawled my eyes out as soon as we pulled into the departures area and he tried his best to crack jokes to make me laugh.  It's not like he's not been gone before but with the work stress and everything else going on, this time is way harder on me.
On my way back downtown, I stopped into a beauty supply store to pick up new shampoo and conditioner and then made my way home to Kinny.  We've had a quiet evening so far, she's confused as to why I didn't bring dad home with me but she's now firmly planted on the couch next to me and we're watching Game 7 of the World Series.   (Go Royals!!)
We also started our online Christmas shopping tonight.  She's a pro at picking out gifts and typing my credit card info into each site, she even knows her home address.  I might leave the rest of the shopping up to her.  Afterall, she is home all day!

The other exciting news this week is this....


....after nearly 32 years as a blonde, I decided to switch it up last night at my hair appointment.  I'm not sure why I was too chicken to do this before last night.  Besides my mom, who is just having a hard time picturing me with dark hair and prefers my blonde highlights, everyone else seems to love it and so do I.

No comments: