Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Another birthday




Today I turn 31 years old.  I guess never envisioned what life would be like when I got here.  And really today is no different than the last 365 have been.

Unlike Oprah, who shares the same birthday as me, I'm not inviting 50 of my friends to take a spin class with me.  I'd love to but unfortunately, I don't know 50 people that enjoy spin or would even pretend to like it to celebrate my birthday with me.  Heck, who knows if I even have 50 friends....50 acquaintances maybe.

No, instead I'm hopefully headed to the airport in New Orleans to fly into St. Louis at a decent hour so I can come home and enjoy the evening with D and my bro.  D is planning on making my requested birthday dinner of turkey burgers and sweet potato tots and he even made the wish list dessert, S'mores cake, I found when scoping out Twitter while I was out of town.
No big parties or wild nights out to celebrate my "birthday anniversary."  My only birthday wish is that I make it home tonight...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Didn't you just have one last year?