Saturday, October 12, 2013

The couple that cooks together....

Lately we've been testing out a lot of new recipes at home.  While I've always loved cooking and experimenting with ingredients, I've gotten D into the kitchen madness and we've been pretty successful with our culinary adventures.  We have taken to grocery shopping together so that we can collaborate on ingredients for upcoming dinners.  It's actually been a lot of fun, albeit we do get carried away sometimes with some of our ideas but all in all, we are both enjoying it.
Here are a few of our latest dinner creations:

Ham and Cajun Turkey Stromboli
Gnocchi with Shrimp and Asparagus in Homemade Pesto

Scallops and Brussel Sprouts over Lemon Butter Angel Hair
Loaded Pulled Chicken Nachos for Game Day

And probably my greatest creation to date...cheesy chicken spaetzle, continues to be un-photographed because I always forget to snap a pic before its gone.  I'll work on that!

As we start spending more time at home in the fall and winter months (fingers crossed), we have a bunch more ideas for dinners we want to make.  The great thing is that we've been open minded in trying new ingredients and I have a plethora of cookbooks to pull inspiration from.  Hopefully I can get pics before we dive in!

No comments: