Saturday, February 09, 2013

Not the French Quarter, but....

With turning 30 this year and seeing how fast my life is going, I decided to start doing things I've always wanted to but never either found the time to do or was too busy or scared to try.  This weekend is a big weekend here in the 'Lou.  While it may be hard to believe, our city has one of the best celebrations for this time of year.  Sure, it's not New Orleans, but this Saturday you will find me in Soulard, watching the famous parade and celebrating....



The Red Wings fan, my bro and a few of his friends will experience the STL celebration.  It's a first for all of us but I can just about guarantee it will be a great time and definitely a memorable one!

Beads, Hurricanes and Cajun Creole Food....sign me up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

During the game last night, they mentioned how Mardi Gras was big out there...didn't realize that.

Lindsay said...

Seems kinda weird but as long as I can remember the entire Mardi Gras season hasbeen a big deal here and definitely something everyone should experience once. Tonight was the big Fat Tuesday parade. I came home after work rather than dealing with more crowds.