Sunday, January 13, 2013

Birthday Shopping with Dad

Yesterday afternoon Dad and I went shopping for my birthday present....


No, he didn't buy me Chef Robert Irvine, but he did get me a brand new 37" flat screen tv.  After being behind the times with my big boxy 27" hand-me-down, I'm finally accepting that its 2013 and embracing more of the technological advances.  Coincidentally enough, while we were out shopping yesterday, I also decided it was time to upgrade the 19" tv in my bedroom and bought a 32" flat screen for that room as well.  Once I finally make a decision to upgrade, I'm wholeheartedly moving forward.
Now I just need to call the cable company and get my new HD digital receivers.  I'll do that this week so I can take advantage the all the features my new toys offer which is perfect for the start of hockey season next Saturday night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool. Enjoy.

Happy birthday?

Lindsay said...

Thanks Joel! Watching Sunday football on this tv was MUCH nicer than my old one. Can't wait to see the Blues take down the Red Wings on it on Saturday night! :)
I'm sure you're confused about my birthday too. It was an early gift. My actual b-day is two weeks from tomorrow (the 29th).