Ok so let's not talk about how my Cardinals completely flubbed up the last 3 games of the NLCS series and looked like they started their winter vacation early after Thursday's game. Or the fact that during last night's game I was so uninterested in baseball that I actually researched all of my officials for the upcoming election and tried to decipher the specimen ballot sent to me by the county. (True story!)
Let's talk about something much more exciting, shall we?
Who am I kidding....there is not much excitement going on right now. But I can give you a rundown of some of the normal stuff going on.
The girls and I have been formulating a workout plan for our lunch-time gym sessions. Last Wednesday we were weighed in and our measurements were taken along with getting all of our membership "stuff" taken care of. I started showing the girls some simple workouts for toning and getting into shape also. KP and I worked on lunges and squats our second day (Thursday) and then KP couldn't walk without being sore until yesterday (Monday...whoops!). On the other hand, squats and lunges are great exercises to get your legs in shape (and KP would agree). Yesterday we worked arms, back and shoulders and had a little bit better luck with me not hurting her.
Our goal through the holidays is to get in 3-4 days of working out at lunch and then 1 day off, typically for Friday work family lunch. For me, this is perfect paired with my morning sessions. Well, maybe not this week considering I had a half day today and Friday is fall potluck day. (Eeeeek!) But I'm pumped to join the girls for tomorrow's workout....and we're still trying to convince the boys it is ok to workout with us every now and again.
As for today's half day, it really wasn't for anything fun I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and was going to ask off a bit early as it was. My boss, knowing how much I've been working to get everything in order with my two companies over the last few months, insisted I leave at noon today. It was a "thank you for your dedication" half day. (I like those kinda days!) I did get to stop in at Kohl's before my appointment and pick up a few things. The rest of the afternoon I prepped (for my Food Network friends, mise en place) for my potluck dishes I need to make for Friday. It was nice to have a few extra hours free and it was really good to get back into the kitchen and go crazy with the amount of food I prepped. This cooking for just me has proven most difficult lately. I'm still cooking for a family of 4 and then eating the same thing all week long because I don't want it to go to waste and I'm running out of freezer space (mental note to self: start cooking less of a dish!). I'm starting to think I should just cook lunch for my group one day a week just to satisfy my need to be in the kitchen. (hmm....another mental note, that is if I could get them to agree on the weekly meal idea!)
Other than that, it's been pretty much the same here.
Oh and in case you're wondering, I'm rooting for Detroit in the World Series. Why you may ask? Well D. Rob is originally from Michigan and an avid fan of all Detroit teams and since I still need his help on a daily basis for nearly all things involving logistics at work, I felt it was best to root for the Tigers. Good reasoning, right?!?
1 comment:
Baseball...meh....
Stupid NHL! Get your crap together! Our team was finally relevant again!
Post a Comment