I've been religiously working out for nearly 4 years now. When I lived in my apartment, I was only 7 minutes away from the gym and I was only about 3 minutes away when I worked at my two previous employers. Those facts alone made it much easier to get my butt into the gym nearly every single day. I learned to love working out and when life (or work) became too stressful, the gym became my haven (seriously there were some weeks I logged 15, 16, 17 hours there). With the new job and having a 30 minute commute, I've lost out on some time I used to spend working out. Don't get me wrong, I'm still at my new gym at 5 am every morning but I only get an hour long workout Monday thru Friday and then I try to make up some of the lost time with my 3 hour weekend warrior workouts each Saturday and Sunday. Right now it works, but some weeks I really wish I was able to pick up a bit more time just for the heck of it but again, there are other priorities besides being a gym rat.
Last week my company offered free gym memberships for all employees if we wanted to workout at the facility located on another floor of our skyscraper building. My entire group jumped at this opportunity. For me its a chance to pick up some extra gym time I've been craving. For KP its about getting into stellar shape for her wedding next year, B. Dilly just wants to start making good (healthy) choices and the boys are realizing they aren't quite a young any more and can't eat and drink like they did when they were in their early 20s, so starting tomorrow this group is beginning on our lunchtime fitness journey. I've got my gym bag ready and an idea of what my morning and lunchtime workout plans will be and its time for me to show my group how dedicated I am to staying healthy. I'm super pumped!
Now if we can just convince the boys to take Zumba with us on Friday....
No comments:
Post a Comment