Crazy, crazy past week and because I'm just about brain dead right now and really looking forward to some downtime this upcoming weekend, I'm doing what I do best on this blog -- random thoughts and highlights.
- Last week ended on a less stressful note than it started. Friday night, me and the new work crew attended a trivia night for another co-workers cancer stricken cousin. We had a blast and actually fared pretty well in the trivia competition. This group is probably the most tight-knit of any I have ever worked in and become friends with and really I think my cheeks still ached on Saturday from all of the laughter.
- Saturday, the parents and I hit the casino to play bingo. A local radio station hosted a bingo session and even though we had torrential storms most of the afternoon and evening, we braved the weather and actually had a fun time. The only problem? Stupid people...here's an idea, before yelling bingo, pay attention to the numbers and the type of bingo being played. Overall, I did have fun and it was nice to spend a Saturday night out and about rather than staying in.
- Sunday I finally was able to catch up with Coco after weeks of missing each other at the gym or due to other obligations. We made the 2 hour trek to catch her son's soccer game only to be stuck in more thunderstorms the whole trip north and during the game. After 1 half of play, the officials called the game, but we still had fun on the mini-day trip and it got me out of the apartment once again. (It's spring, I'm starting to get cabin fever here.)
- Monday and Tuesday were quite possibly the longest work days known to man (ok, maybe not, but they were really busy and a bit mind-boggling). I forgot to mention that the Friday before, our boss informed us that we needed to have our month-ends finished in 1 day, not the usual 2 or 3 that we are accustomed to (listen to me, I sound like I'm a veteran, this really was my first end closing my companies on my own). I worked 12 hours prepping for month-end on Monday and then 13 hours on Tuesday to get everything closed by our deadline. By the time I left on Tuesday night I felt like a zombie with mush for brains, but I can happily say all 3 sales accountants met our deadline and got a reward to boot (more about this in the next bullet point!).
- Our reward for working so much and our boss being grateful for our dedication is having the afternoon off tomorrow, this is of course after a bit of celebration.by our team. Really?!? Rewards for being dedicated and working hard?!? Anytime I was dedicated before I got more work and then had rumors spread about me about being a brown-noser or something even worse. I'm so happy to have the afternoon off and while I haven't made definite plans for my Friday evening, I'm thinking some rest and relaxation is in order. I could really use some sleep right now. My brain hasn't seem to turn off in well over a week and sleeping has not been in the cards. I have my fingers crossed that my body will cooperate.
- Before leaving work tomorrow we are having a Cuatro de Mayo party. This is the brainchild of my department. (We start thinking up these sorts of ideas when things get crazy...bear with us!) Fridays are traditionally known as family lunch day for us, meaning we all make a point of going out to lunch as a team and we thought it would be great to visit our favorite Mexican restaurant for a pre-Cinco de Mayo celebration. Well then we just got carried away in true Sales Accounting fashion and decided that we're all going to try to speak Spanish as much as we can during the day, possibly find sombreros and Mexican inspired clothing and all around enjoy a holiday that much of Mexico really doesn't even celebrate anymore. I think if we could convince our boss to let us drink margaritas, one of us would have already made the pitcher of them as well.
- Finally and probably the least important of all of these updates is the fact that it's been unseasonably warm the last two days with temps around 90. Finally sun and warm temps and no rain! The downside to all this warmth on May 3rd? It is a sauna in my apartment and against my better judgement I had to turn on my AC. For the record, it was 89 in my apartment when I got home at 7 pm tonight. Have I mentioned how much I need a good night's sleep sometime in the next few days? Yeah, that's why I turned it on....or so I keep telling myself. I'm also hoping it keeps my blood from boiling with this hockey game tonight. I'm not sure if the team realizes this or not, but being down 3 games is not what I want from my St. Louis Blues.
1 comment:
This is the Lindsay I missed! You sound like you're doing wonderfully, lady. Keep it up. I'm here until the 31st, so let's make plans soon, ok?
Post a Comment