See that house? To you it looks like an ordinary house in suburban America. To me, it looks like the house I grew up in. And this morning it made it onto the early morning news.
From KMOV.com
Woman shoots self while cleaning gun
Posted on February 8, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Updated today at 9:01 AM
(KMOV) -- A woman accidentally shot herself while cleaning a gun Tuesday night, police said.
Authorities said the accident happened at a residence in the 12000 block of Trampe Heights Lane in Spanish Lake, Missouri around 11:45 p.m.
While the woman was cleaning the gun, it discharged, hitting her in the foot. No one else in the home was injured.
Six police cars were on the scene after the call came in. Police did not have information on the condition of the woman or what type of gun she was cleaning.
Be sure to check back with KMOV.com as more information becomes available.
I've heard conflicting reports as to if it is our old house or actually the neighbor's house across the street (our house was featured on the news this morning), but it still was crazy to hear and even more insane to see on the news. Imagine the wake up call to my Mom, who I called around 6 am to tell the story to. You'll understand why I called her that early once you learn that she still owns the house on Trampe Heights and is currently renting it out.
Yeah, I don't think you'll see Mr. Rogers in this neighborhood anytime soon.

1 comment:
Darwin Award candidate
Post a Comment