* Remember when I said I got to meet Alton Brown a few weeks ago? Yep, it was super exciting getting to meet another one of my favorite Food Network personalities. Here's the pic taken by his assistant --
His question and answer session before the book signing rocked my socks off. He definitely inspired me to keep working towards my culinary dreams.
And my gift to myself that day --
![]() | |
| Pretty cool, right? |
* On Saturday before the World Series madness, I bought this bad boy --
A mini donut maker, really Lindsay? I thought you were so healthy...how can you justify that purchase? Easy, I'm going to make healthy donuts. I figured its much easier for me to justify eating a donut that I made than to buy them at a bakery. (Fyi, I couldn't tell you the last time I had a donut. This purchase makes me very, very happy and I'm hoping to test it out next weekend.)
* Besides cooking and buying gadgets and books, I planned a trip with 3 of my favorite girls to see a great band for a good cause. 3 Doors Down is playing in Tunica, MS on November 19th and they are doing the concert to benefit their Better Life Foundation charity. I wanted to go to the concert from the time I heard about it and I was able to convince the girls to take the road trip with me. Actually I am using this trip as a thank you for helping me through all of the changes of the past few months and let's get crazy outside of the Lou just simply because we can.
* Really, I should be spending the little bit of down time I have working on finding a costume for this Saturday. I have been invited to not 1 but 2 Halloween costume parties and I haven't thought of a costume yet. :( I'll come up with something I'm sure What's even more exciting is that one of the parties is also a homecoming for Shell, who will finally make her way back home after spending nearly a year in New Zealand. I last saw her 4 days before she left for the trip and I can not wait to see her when she finally gets back to town on Thursday. We've been friends since the summer between kindergarten and 1st grade and we've gone our separate ways over the years, but even with that we've remained good friends. I can't wait to catch up.
* On the work front, well, it's work. I haven't quite made up my mind about the place yet but I'm trying my best each day to take in everything and do what I can do. However, if anyone wanted to give me a pile of money to start my restaurant/catering dreams, I would move on in a heartbeat. Until then, I'll just keep plugging along. This week we have the European partners in from the Netherlands. Of course, in our office they call it Holland and every time I hear it said, I giggle to myself. Why? Because in my head I'm hearing it pronounced by Goldmember from Austin Powers. Silly, yes, but I can't make it stop.
That's all for now. I'll check in again soon. And maybe by that time, my randomness will simmer down (or not!)...have a good one! And GO CARDS!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment