I'm sure you are aware how much music rules my life and how much I relate songs I hear while working or driving or working out to every little aspect of my life. This morning was no different. I was heading home from my Saturday morning workout, feeling a bit over-whelmed by the amount of projects I had to today's to-do list, and all of a sudden a blast from the past came on the station I've been listening to lately. (St. Louis' own 100.3 GenX Radio for those of you with the iHeartRadio app) -- Matchbox Twenty's Real World. And then it hit me as I was belting out the lyrics to the song -- I wish the real world, would just stop hassling me.
So rather than letting all of the chores and side projects I felt needed to be accomplish today overrule trying to de-stress from another wild week at work and other things I wanted to do, I promptly came home, handled a few things, showered and did something I felt was more important. Something dorky you may say, but something I promised my Bro after he helped me through my (unsuccessful) casting call last weekend -- I bought some kitchen gadgets for his new apartment. Shopping (and not even for myself!) actually calmed me down enough to come back home and finish the next part of the tax project I agreed to work on.
Household chores aren't finished and who knows when I'll get around to them. But right this second, I'm telling the real world to stop hassling me.
2 comments:
Love me some Matchbox 20. Saw them in concert in '04.
Me too Joel. I was lucky enough to see them when they came to STL in 2003. It was a pretty good concert from what I recall.
Post a Comment