Sorry, right now there is a lack of time for me to formulate a clever post, so I'll just update you on the stuff floating around in my head at the moment. Ironically, most of it links together is some weird way.
So here we go!
-- Reserved my spot for my 10 year class reunion being held in October this past week. It's hard to believe that I've been out of high school that long and for me, A LOT has changed in these 10 years. While I debated as to whether or not I wanted to go back and relive any of that, I decided it may be fun just to check in and see what others have been up to over the years. We will see what I think after I attend.
-- What's even more crazy is that my dear precious little Nicole starts high school on Tuesday. That seems darn near impossible. I felt old when Ryan went to high school, I'm feeling ancient now that its Nicole's turn. I may just have a mid-life crisis when she graduates.
-- Speaking of age and birthdays, my Mom's birthday was yesterday. (Happy Birthday Mom!) I invited her and Michael over for dinner on Friday night and I must say, I was highly impressed with my dinner of strip steaks, roasted sweet potatoes, sweet corn on the cob, salad and most importantly, orange dreamscicle parfaits.
-- Every time I cook a dinner for more than myself, I realize I need to get better pots and pans. This again was the case after Friday night so I went browsing while I was out running errands yesterday. I found two sets that I liked and now I'm trying to figure out if and when I will break down and buy a better set than what I currently own. I'm not sure why I need to justify that this is a good purchase, but I am thinking it over way too many times. Yes, I need new pots and pans. Yes, I enjoy cooking and need something better than the starter set I bought when I moved out on my own 6 years ago. No, this is not a life-altering decision (well, unless you consider the fact that I have to choose between Paula Deen and Rachael Ray)....
GO BUY SOME POTS & PANS LINDSAY!
-- Tonight is the season finale of Next Food Network Star. While we are all thrilled Mary Beth isn't competing in the finale, we're torn between the final three. I'll watch any of the three however, I will be a bit irritated if my signature sammich recipe ends up on Jeff's show. Of course, then I'll know for sure the casting directors read my 11 page application!
There are some of the highlights of items rattling around in this head. I'm off to enjoy the rest of the afternoon before I head back into the out of control world of Transportation Accounting tomorrow morning. Catch ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment