Saturday, May 07, 2011

Scrambled thoughts

I really wanted to post, but my thoughts are heading in different directions, so today you're left with more of my randomness.

- Last Sunday was the season finale of America's Next Great Restaurant and I was pleased with the outcome.  Congrats Jamawn "Soul Daddy" Woods!!
I've never really ever wanted to travel to Minneapolis, but now it may be fun to experience some of the food that landed Jamawn 3 fast-casual restaurants around the US.

- Last Thursday, Coco, TL and I went out to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and rather than trying to fight the crowds at every Mexican restaurant around town, we settled on a sports bar and billiards parlor.  Believe it or not, they had specials for the Mexican holiday as well.  I could totally eat my weight in chips and salsa.
 
- Speaking of weight, today is the 6 year anniversary of me taking the plunge and starting my weight-loss journey.  While the last year has been more maintenance than weight loss, I still must have the same drive and focus to make sure that all of my hard work continues to pay off.  There are some days that I still wonder how I was able to lose over 80 lbs, but I'm very proud of the healthy changes I've made in my life.  And for the record, I weighed exactly the same today as I did on this day last year.  Hoo-ha!!

- I'm working on my vacation for the summer and am having a few set-backs in the planning since the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers have decided that flooding is more important than me getting some much needed time away.  In years past, I've gone to Memphis for the Memphis in May BBQ championships along the Riverfront.  This year, the Mississippi has proven she's mightier than any plans I could have had, so I'm backing down for now.  I'm just hoping that by the time my official summer vacation rolls around the flooding will have subsided.  If not, a spur of the moment Plan B will be thrown together -- I'm thinking Vegas.

And finally, tomorrow is Mother's Day.  Happy Mother's Day to all of the women who are lucky enough to be called Mom.  May you have a wonderful day!

No comments: