Sunday, July 25, 2010

Kissing bricks

From Nascar.com --
Thanks to a genius pit call from Kevin Manion, Jamie McMurray became the third driver to win Daytona and Indy in the same year, putting his owner in the record books.

Congrats Jamie on another spectacular race at the Brickyard!!  

I was sitting on my couch sweating bullets the last 10 laps of the race, but I had my faith in you pulling off the win.  Even Broccoli, who could care less about Nascar racing got into it and was intently watching the finish.  He wasn't nearly as excited as I was by the win, but he'll come around soon enough.  :)  

And as for you Mr. Greg Cote of the Miami Herald, who said that Jamie McNobody was a fluke in the world of Nascar and should have let Earnhardt Jr. win the Daytona 500, you might just wanna eat your words now.

Finally, congrats to Chip Ganassi Racing winning the 3 biggest races of the year.  That's definitely one for the record books!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's not hard to root for him...and JJ had a bad day...good times.

Lindsay said...

Definitely! I loved his after the race interview too, such a down to earth and like-able guy. It's always nice to see the good guys win a big race like the Brickyard or Daytona.