Sunday, July 18, 2010

5 years and counting

 
Today is my 5 year anniversary with my employer.  For most people, this day would come and go and they wouldn't care less about it, especially since it's work.  For me, this day is extremely special.
For one, I have met amazing friends and some of the greatest people in my life while working for this company.  We have had some terrific memories over the years, we've faced hardships together and we've maintained our "family" through all of our experiences.

This anniversary also signifies a milestone for me personally.  My position here began my career as an Accountant.  Sure, I had been an Accounting clerk while in college, but this was my leap into the real world.  I had never made a commitment to an employer like I did when I started.  I was an unknown to the President and all of the Directors at our company, a small detail that made them somewhat hesitant to bring me aboard, but I made a promise to them that if they hired me, they would not regret it.  Two and a half years into my position, I was promoted and received more responsibility in the form of Administrative payroll, 401k and HR guru.  You know that you've made a name for yourself and the job you do when your given the task of processing the President's bi-monthly paycheck.

I go into work grateful for the opportunities and learning experiences the company has provided and even through the stressful times, I know there is no other place I want to be at this point in my life.
Most of all, the past 5 years have taught me to be confident in my abilities and work hard to achieve success.
July 18, 2005 was more than just my first day at a new job, it was the start of a great journey and another day of that journey starts tomorrow morning at 7:15.

No comments: