Saturday, April 10, 2010

How is this possible?

This morning I had to get up to attend a funeral for my coworker, Robin.  It is the second incident of cancer, resulting in losing another amazing, young, vibrant person in 18 months for our office and we only have 35 employees.  We lost Sherri back in 2008 and were devastated.  We were finally starting to get back to normal when we found out Robin was diagnosed with the same cancer that struck Sherri. 
Robin was feisty and persistent and told all of us that she was not going to give up with out a brilliant fight and that she did.  We have so many special memories with Robin from boatfests, golf tournaments, Cardinals games, weddings and more.  She was a great friend and always some one you could count on and we definitely saw that today with the outpouring of support for her family.
Our work family is a close, tight-knit group of people and we will push forward; yet, right now we are all in shock, grief stricken and wondering how what kind of odds we just defied with this happening to our group twice and in such a short amount of time.  We did find some comfort in the thought that Sherri greeted our dear friend with a Bud Light draught and a practical joke at the pearly gates.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Side note:
Why couldn't the Blues be in the freaking Eastern Conference...AHHHH!

Lindsay said...

Oh I know Joel! Sucks for us. I'm even more sad to see Keith Tkachuk hang up his skates, although I do guess it's about time.

I am a bit pumped for baseball though. Hopefully you have the same love for my Cardinals. :)

One other side note, Tony Twist was back in our office today. I got called up to the reception area to meet with him. (Even if it was an error.) Still as nice as ever!

Unknown said...

Nope, not a baseball fan, but I'll root for them if they make the playoffs, just for you.

I did buy my sis-in-law an Albert Pujols bobble head for Christmas a few years back...she just likes to say 'poo holes.'

Lindsay said...

I'm holding you to that Joel! :)
I think everyone likes saying Albert's name. It's just fun and 9 times out of 10, it makes me giggle.