The concert was AMAZING!!! I didn't think it was possible for me to like Shinedown anymore than I already did, but they did a great job and after seeing them live, just confirmed all that for me.
Actually the entire night ended up being a success, which is definitely what we needed. I had been looking forward to the concert since I bought the tickets back in January, but in the back of my mind, I had this hampering fear as the show got closer that something was going to go wrong and we weren't going to be able to go. Besides dealing with a few other issues of my own on Friday, I waited all day for a phone call telling me that it wasn't going to work and that we'd have to pass on the night. Because that's just how my life works when I've built something up so much somehow it just doesn't work out as planned and trust me, I built this up tremendously over the past 4 months. But, hadn't heard anything by the time I left work, so I promptly rushed home and got ready and waited for Broccoli (I know, weird nickname, but it's more about the way I pronouce it and less about the actual vegetable).
We picked up a quick bite to eat and hit the road, making our way to our seats just as Shinedown was taking the stage. (perfect timing!) I stood there in awe, singing, playing air drums at times and just taking it all in.
After Shinedown, came Breaking Benjamin. I don't know a whole lot about them and they only played two of the few songs that I usually listen to on my Ipod, but they were fun to see too. I might actually check out more of their stuff online now.
Finally, Nickelback took the stage and the place erupted. I know there are a lot of people that say Nickelback is the most hated band nowadays but I have to disagree. The show was energized, jam-packed with all of their hits and most of all, the band seemed grateful for all of their fans. When it was all said and done and we were walking back to the car, we both were extremely thrilled that we were able to see such an awesome show. We agreed living the rockstar lifestyle is one we probably could never pull off but it sure seemed cool. Broccoli asked me if Shinedown lived up to my expectations and with a quick smile, I responded, "oh yeah, they definitely rock my world. I'm sure they're your favorite now too!" While they may not be his favorite, he was thoroughly impressed too. What made the night that much cooler was the fact that Nickelback is one of his favorites and we were able to have a fantastic night out -- one that definitely will be remembered. :)
So now I'm back to reality, back to a normal Saturday filled with laundry, grocery shopping and other random errands.
Hmm, maybe it would be fun to be a rockstar....
3 comments:
Breaking Ben is one of my favorite bands; you need to check them out. They're actually from just north of me. Their new album (Dear Agony) is fantastic. I also think Sound of Madness is fantastic to give you a scale.
Bands like Breaking Ben, Chevelle, Seether have a little more yelling in their songs than Shinedown does. I like the yelling so if that's something you're into, you'd probably like them too.
Glad you enjoyed the show...
Thanks Joel. I got even more excited after you commented on one of my other posts about how awesome their show was.
I will definitely have to check out more Breaking Benjamin. I'm not so much into the yelling but more the great guitar rifts and awesome drum solos. But every now and again a little screaming doesn't hurt - sometimes it actually gets me pumped.
Lame.
Post a Comment