Sunday, January 24, 2010

27 Here I Come!!

The plans have been made, the invitations have been sent and for the first time in as many years as I can remember, I'm truly looking forward to this week and the birthday extravaganzas that will take place on Friday and Saturday. Even if no one else shows up, I know I will have a blast because I'm spending my birthday doing the things I want to do. (BTW, I know I won't be alone, I'm just happy that I stopped worrying and finally made decisions that please me.)

My actual birthday is Friday and while it's also the last working day of the month, thus making it month-end closing day, I plan on making the most of my day in the office. If it means me doing something silly, then so be it. I'm hoping to get out of the office on time at the latest, but I'm pushing to get out a bit early, if at all possible. Friday night I hope to have GRAND plans, but that's yet to be determined. If I do, I will be a very lucky girl!! If I don't, well it's no big deal really, sometimes it's nice just to have a relaxing night in. :)

Saturday is an entire day full of fun. "Coco" (M's new nickname) and "Rosemary" are meeting me in the morning for our bucket list experience. While I've been a bit hesitant to say what that experience is, I guess I will finally come clean. There is a women's fitness center in town that offers pole dancing lessons as a part of a fun cardio workout. I decided earlier in the month why not give it a try and who better to enlist than two of my closest friends to join me. It's just something fun to say that I've gotten to experience in my lifetime while also getting in a good workout! No need to worry, I'm not taking up a new career. Well, unless I find out I'm really good. jk! ha!

Saturday night, I've got dinner plans with both sides of my family and then a night of listening to a modern rock cover band and dancing in the bar. Probably the most exciting part of this is that just about all of my family is coming to dinner -- my Bro, Dad, Mom, Step-Dad, Grandma, Aunt, Uncle and 4 cousins, and even 2 more cousins, along with numerous friends. Yes, I know everyone has their differences, but I feel extremely special that everyone is willing to put that aside for me. I'm also looking forward to getting to party with my Bro and our friends after dinner. He's an absolute hoot to hang out with and I'm so glad he's coming to have some fun with me and celebrate turning another year older. I can't think of a much better way to spend my Saturday night.

Like everyone continues to tell me, I'm in the prime of my life. This is a time where I should be having fun and enjoying all that life has to offer, not worrying about the little things that I do not have control over. I'm getting there....it's taken awhile, but I'm learning and I think it will pay off and make me a much more delightful person in the meantime.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of funny stories from my adventures later in the week and who knows, maybe even a few pictures to post.

Hope you have a great week as well!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a brother just like me!!
=P

-Bro