Wow...where do I start?!? This week went by in a blur and I'm still on the run. Really though, it reminded me of old times and how crazy I can be some times, but I'm definitely having fun. Monday was the only night of rest for me and Tuesday started off with a bang. It was a normal day at work and I prepped for my meeting that afternoon and worked on my usual things. In my meeting, I got a little peeved because my numbers were up (let's rephrase that...AR was up, that really needs to be low and cash should be up) but all of my bosses understood and just told me to focus on contacting customers and see what we could work on for next week. I totally understand that, but it seems like the same customers are the problem and sometimes it takes more than me to get the problem fixed, especially when many of them take care of the problem and 30 days later they have the same issues. After my meeting, I came back to my desk and was talking to M and telling her about the meeting and how I felt about everything. She thought I needed a pep talk and told me that we should hang out after work. So after work, we drove over to her house and ordered a pizza and picked up a few coldies. These impromptu nights are so much fun. We reminisced and drank a Fosters (Australian for beer & an inside joke between her and I, which is why we bought it) and had a blast. We were also supposed to be getting everything organized for the graduation party we were helping S with, but after talking about what needed to be done for about 10 minutes we decided that was enough work for the night. I came home and went right to bed since I had to be up early for work the next morning.
Wednesday was my two-year anniversary at work. Two whole years -- I can't believe it! M and I celebrate our work anniversaries and as a gift she gave me a Three Days Grace CD. I absolutely love Three Days Grace right now and I'm relating to many of their songs, so it was definitely a treat to get that CD. She also took me out to lunch which was completely unnecessary but I was very appreciative. For M and I, the work anniversaries are something special because it was only the two of us in the Earth City Accounting department in the beginning. She and I also faced quite a mess with the work of some of our C-town counterparts and we bonded as co-workers and best friends because of all it all.
After work we were all planning on going home when S asked if we wanted to go out for happy hour margaritas at Casa. Of course, we couldn't pass up margaritas so we got a group together and had a few rounds. We met a one of the guys we know from the Coastal and he introduced us to a few of his friends. Come to find out they were going up to another bar down the street for spaghetti wrestling and they said we should go down there to check it out. Now at the time this did sound very intriguing, so I drove M, S and I up the street and experienced a few rounds of spaghetti wrestling. I must say though...there is not a whole lot to it and it actually is a bit disgusting, but I can now check that off of my list of this to see in my lifetime. And for a second night in a row, when I got home I went straight to bed.
Thursday rolled around and it was supposed to be Parties at the Plaza, which was originally the only night of an actual organized get-together for the week; however, there was a chance of bad thunderstorms and they called it off early in the day and rescheduled it for the following week. We had told everyone earlier in the week about it and most people were going to go. M and I felt bad that it was canceled so we changed the plan a bit and went to Sybergs instead. This was not a late night for me...thank goodness, but it was still a fun night. I got to know the new traveling sales rep for the dedicated division a little bit better and a few other coworkers who can't usually make it to the other functions we put together. Of course, everyone was making fun of M, S and I going to spaghetti wrestling the night before also.
Yesterday was an overall good day as well. Everything went pretty smooth at work and I got through the day in one piece. Last night S and I went over to M's to help clean before the graduation party this afternoon. I scrubbed the deck and dusted and moved furniture and tried to help out as best as I could. It went by really fast and we got a lot accomplished in just a few hours. Finally about 10, M and I grabbed a beer and went to sit on the deck for a bit to talk and plan out some of the things going on next week.
Right now I'm getting ready to head back over to M's for the party to help finish setting up the last little bit. I have my cookies ready to go (a big thanks to my mom who helped me out tremendously by making them yesterday! Thanks Mom...I owe you so much!) and other than that I don't think I have anything else that I need to bring. It should be a good time, but I'm definitely planning on taking it easy tomorrow! 5 days of partying is the limit for me, especially since I'm trying to work inbetween! :)
I hope everyone has a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!
2 comments:
"a Three Days Grace CD"
Put that in a landfill where it belongs.
"spaghetti wrestling."
Where can I sign up to do this?
"Thanks Mom...I owe you so much!"
Since we're on the subject, I'm owed some god damn teeth.
1) No...it's an awesome CD and exactly what I need in my life right now, especially with all of the craziness going on.
2) As soon as you turn 21, I will take you. You need to take off a Wednesday night off sometime after March 17th.
3) No cussing...
Post a Comment