Monday, July 02, 2007

Summertime in full swing

Wow...we're already to July...I feel like I don't have time to blink anymore without another month passing. I guess that is alright as long as you're staying busy and having fun and I seem to be experiencing both lately. Last Monday and Tuesday were a bit crazy at work since M was on vacation but I made it through. Of course it did help that J kept me sane on Monday with his emails. I would have been completely lost if it wasn't for his comforting words of wisdom. Well that and the jokes....and it definitely made me wish that he was back in our office helping me get through all of the trucking craziness. Maybe someday he'll be back up this was for a visit. It would definitely be nice to catch up in person rather than through email or phone calls down to the terminal.

Thursday was quite a day for all of us and my department decided that the best thing to do after a busy day at work was to go to Hooters for wings and beer. We were having a blast and decided to continue the party at M's house. S and I picked up a 12 pack and drove down the street to M's. After talking to M and catching her up on so many things that I wasn't able to tell her while she was gone and having her do the same, we finally decided to call it a night about 1:50 in the morning. I don't know how it got so late so fast, but I knew there was going to be trouble when I tried to get up for work a mere 4 hours later. It didn't help that I couldn't sleep when I got home and I had a horrible stomachache from the hot wings and the beginnings of a hangover. And by the time it was all said and done I got about an hour's worth of uninterrupted sleep. Work was an absolute blur on Friday and I would have probably not have cared about coming in but it was month-end and that is the one day that I have to be there no matter what. I actually was able to make it through the day and I got out of there right on time. And because of our antics the night before, M and I decided to skip any parties on Friday night and we both went home to crash. That was until 7 pm when she got a phone call from another friend that had two extra tickets to the Toby Keith concert and wanted to know if we wanted them. Of course we wanted them! So I got up and got ready and M picked me up about 7:45...not too shabby if I say so. Of course, I was in no mood for drinking so I had a lemonade and I just had fun singing and listening to Toby. I must say though, I believe he is my new country boy crush. He looked awesome in his cowboy hat and jeans and his arms were absolutely amazing in his cut-off shirt. The concert was great and I'm glad that I didn't let the night before hold me back from such a good show. I did come home and crash right afterwards though because I was completely exhausted.

Saturday I decided that it was time to buy a new swimming suit. This summer I have a few things planned water-wise and since I haven't gotten a new suit in nearly 4 years, I felt I was due. What is extremely awesome about losing 60 lbs is that I was finally able to buy a two-piece! A tankini to be more specific, but it is absolutely adorable! I'm excited about wearing it on the float trip next week and if I'm able to make it, the trip to the Lake with the girls at the end of the month. Plus, when I finally decide to lay out and get some sun, I have a new suit to wear that will allow me to get more tan than any of my other suits. Maybe I can lay out for a bit on Wednesday for a few hours since I'm off of work. I hope to have a nice relaxing morning before going to the Styx and Def Leppard concert with my bro and his friends. The concert will be a blast but I know that I'm going to be extremely tired going into work the next day...maybe everyone will have some pity on me going back to work however, I don't think I will be that lucky! It is definitely worth it though and I'm sure I'll get more than 1 hour of sleep so I'm already doing better than last week. ;)

I'm not sure what else is going on this week. I'm going to try to play it by ear and see what happens. Hope the 4th is fun for everyone! Enjoy the day with friends and family and remember how important our independence is, especially in today's world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There better be a new entry coming up for the kickass concert (really, the entire day).