Finally, I am getting back into the swing of things. It's been quite some time since I have really gone out and had a lot of fun with my friends and I must say we did a good job of it this weekend.
Friday night we decided to party as soon as we got off of work. M had a cooler of drinks in her car and I had frozen margaritas in mine. We sat out waiting for some of our other friends and just shot the bull with everyone from work. We were all pumped anyway since it was St. Patty's Day weekend and to top it off we were heading down to the Loop for a concert. We made it down to U City about 7:30 and grabbed something quick for dinner and then proceeded to the Pageant. M's son is in a hip hop group and they were playing along with 4 other underground artists. It was pretty cool and really I know I might be partial since M is my best friend, but out of all of them, Strata-G was the best. Could be that I know most of their songs or it just could be the fact that they have worked so hard at putting together quality material that it shows in their stage presence. I definitely had fun dancing and singing along and it was about midnight by the time I made it home.
Saturday I had to get my car in for a safety inspection and some other tune up work. I was up bright and early so that I could get it in and finished at decent hour. I wasn't sure what we were doing for St. Patrick's Day yet, so I headed over to my mom's to spend some time with her and my step-dad. My mom and I went shopping to pick up a few more things for my new bed and some other accessories for my apartment. I'm finally getting to the point where I can go out and buy the fun stuff for my place. I've only been here about a year and a half and it's nice to be able to get the non-essentials that I have put off for so long.
M called me around 7 and asked what I was up to for the night and I told her that I had nothing planned but that we should go out and celebrate. We decided to go to one of our favorite spots to listen to the band and have a few drinks since my first plan flopped. Plan one was to go to Rolla to see Shinedown but as my luck would have it when I went to buy the tickets earlier in the week they were sold out. I was bummed because I absolutely love Shinedown and it was supposed to be an awesome show. But plan two came through and M came and picked me up about 9 to head to the bar. It was an absolute blast! The band was great and we had good time out on the dance floor. It brought back a lot of good memories for both of us, plus we haven't really had a chance to go out like we used to in quite some time. When I got home I was completely exhausted since I had been going for about 20 hours straight and I crashed immediately.
Today I pretty much took it easy. I needed to go grocery shopping and catch up on some paperwork but other than that I've been able to watch Food Network and just have a relaxing Sunday. It was definitely nice because tomorrow I will be back into the grind of trucking and accounting.
Oh and one side note before I go. Just want to wish my little bro a Happy 20th Birthday! Dude...you are starting to get old! I still remember the days when you used to call me Tissy Bear like it was yesterday. Anyway, I'll take you out to celebrate the next time I see you!
1 comment:
Post a Comment