Thursday, January 04, 2007

Days like today...

Days like today are the reason why I love my job so much and I can't imagine working with a better group of people. Anywho, it was a really good day -- very busy but I found time to talk to one of the greatest people I know and he had me laughing most of the afternoon. I don't know how I get myself into the conversations I do (ok, that's a lie...I say crazy stuff...that is how it happens), but J seems to know exactly what is on my mind and where I'm going with everything and that is pretty scary! We got to talking about Christmas and New Years and the next time he gets to head north and somehow I thanked him for a very nice compliment he gave me this afternoon and the next thing you know we're talking about the crazy compliments I've gotten from my other co-workers this week and soon enough I brought up the fact that one of our fleet managers told me that he loved my shoes yesterday and that another one said I had cute pockets on my pants today. These are guys that I never would imagine giving me a compliment and so I comment to J about it and then he absolutely kills me by saying that if he was in St. Louis he would have probably joined in on the crazy compliments today as well. And of course I come back with that I didn't think that he would ever compliment my shoes or tell me that I was wearing cute pants and I'm sure he never noticed what the heck I had on like most of the fellas I work with. But it definitely got me to thinking....are people actually looking at what I'm wearing and how I look. I mean I never go into work wearing something tacky and I'm always put together, but I think I'm going to have to make sure that I always keep up a certain image...you never know what someone is thinking and willing to say!

Anyway, I just found that funny, especially since I thought I was a just a wallflower to all of the Ops people besides J and C. I guess I have made myself known! I wonder if that is a good thing....I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am known as the SuperValu Stud.

Lindsay said...

I don't know what I am known as...well besides a "smart woman" by J. Best compliment by far!!!

I must be a fashion plate to our fleet managers!