Bear with me now...I'm going to get philosophical here. Ever feel like you don't know why you are put here on Earth but that there is a reason why you meet the people that you do and you form the relationships you do? This has been a constant analysis for me but really over the last few days I've started to ponder this question more and more. Anyway, I'm not going to bring up details of anything but I am finally starting to feel like I've found my place here and while I'm still extremely young (at least according to most of my current friends!)...I think I understand the kind of person I need to be. I finally realize that it's not about the money I have or the car I drive or the clothes I wear or the career I have, but rather the way I treat others and how much of a friend I really am. I know this is a simple concept, yet how many people actually think about what they say and do around those people that they "supposedly" care about and call friends? I thought I knew the answers but I was mistaken before. It is about the giving of yourself unconditionally and without boundaries...a lot like love, but like love we fall into a trap and fail to follow through every time with those we care so deeply about. Most importantly, I'm very lucky to have these best friends in my life that helped me realize this and helped me find my purpose. Of course it took other's hardships for me to see this but maybe in the future it won't be the just hardships that keep us bonded but rather the "rules" of an unconditional friendship. I am also very lucky to have found friends that see this as an important value as well.
Ok, enough self reflection...the last two weeks have gone fairly well otherwise. I've been busy at work but I haven't completely lost my mind yet. Actually I finally was able to catch my breath this past week and work on everything for the IRS 1099 reporting that I have to finalize by the end of the month. I know the quiet, calm atmosphere won't last long but it sure was nice for a week. Last night we went to a trivia night and it was a lot of fun! My regular group that I hang with got a table and we went after work. I actually didn't do too bad with answering some of the questions and probably the best part was that we beat another table that we knew! It was a personal competition for us. Out of 100 points I think we had 76...not too shabby!!! After trivia night we hit Syberg's to go dance. I got home about 1:30 this morning. Haven't had a night like that in a long time! But, it was a lot of fun that is for sure! There was a lot of reminiscing for M and I too.
Tonight I have a quiet evening at home....nothing wild planned and that is probably for the best. Right now I'm listen to my Ipod that I bought a speaker base for today and I'm going to work on getting it loaded with more music so M and I can listen to it while we're working. I know...I'm too much of a mover and shaker here! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment