Sunday, December 10, 2006

Another exciting update...

It's been so long since I've posted...sorry about that. Work and my life just seem to be so busy that by the time I make it home at night I can't even sit down here to get another entry out, but alas here I am. Let's see...since the last post -- the wedding was freakin awesome! I had so much fun with my co-workers and she was such a beautiful bride. I hope if I ever get married I look that good. At the reception we had a great time talking with everyone and dancing the night away. I danced with C most of the night which was pretty cool since he and I haven't danced together for quite some time. I dared M to get the President of the company out on the dance floor and told her I would give her $100 if he danced with all of us (thinking he wouldn't because one of the guys that I work with is his best friend and he said he wouldn't get out there and shake his stuff) and I lost that bet! Of course, M told the President that she had a bet going with me and he told her that he would get out there and dance if she gave him half.

I guess the next big event was Thanksgiving. It turned out to be a pretty good day. I went to my dad's and he cooked this year. All of my cousins came over along with my aunt and uncle and my brother was there. It was so fun to get to spend the day with my bro. He and I have completely opposite schedules right now so I hardly get to see him or talk to him for any length of time. He got me hooked to the PS2 game Guitar Hero 2 while I was there. Let me tell you, I felt like a Guitar Hero playing that game. Pretty much you just stand there with a fake guitar and try to play the guitar notes to a rock song. I was absolutely horrible in the beginning but then he and I played the two player version and we sounded pretty good. Freebird was my best performance and I was rockin' out and showboating during that song. My dad took a few pictures of us while we were playing this game and I'm still working on getting them up on my Photobucket. They probably will be up after I take Christmas pictures since it is easier for me to upload a bunch of them at once rather than just 1 or 2.

The next big event was the ice storm about a week and a half ago. It took me two hours to get home from work on the 30th and I live 7 miles away from the office. It didn't help that it was month-end and I had to stay until everyone else had their work finished. I got out of the office about an hour early but still didn't get home until 6 and I was a nervous wreck driving the entire time. M called me numerous times while I was driving and I didn't hear my phone but she was freaking out because she hadn't heard from me and I was supposed to call her when I made it home. She had been home for an hour and a half when I finally got around to returning her many calls. My power was out from that Thursday night until Monday morning and it was freezing in my apartment so I stayed with my cousin Mary on Friday night and then at my parents house on Saturday and Sunday. I don't know how others in northern cities and states can deal with this cold weather all of the time! I need to be where it is warm!

This past Wednesday was a nice treat! I met Josh in Festus for dinner after he got off of work. We went to Ruby Tuesday's again and had a great time talking and just spending a few hours together. Our waitress probably thought we were crazy though because any time she came over to check on us we were talking about work or history related things. I guess they don't get a whole lot of twenty-somethings talking about what they've watch on the History Channel! :)
After dinner we warmed up our cars and we sat together in my car for a bit talking about the next few weeks and everything that is going on. About 11:30 we left and I had to make my 45 minute drive back home. I was fine until I made it to Arnold and then I was exhausted....it made for quite a trip home, but I'm still so glad that we got to meet and spend some time together.

Yesterday I went to the movies and dinner with my parents. We went to see Deja Vu. That was a crazy movie....I was confused the whole time, but I would still recommend seeing it. Today I get to go out Christmas shopping. I have a list of what I would like to get for everyone and I started shopping online a few weeks ago so I'm hoping I can just go out and get what I need to in order to finish up. It's hard to believe that Christmas is 15 days away! Where has the past year gone? Last year, I was planning the "Good Luck in Laredo" happy hour and having fun going out with the crew every night before J left St. Louis. Ahh...the memories.

Well that's it for now. I'm sure there will be another exciting update in the next week or so. My company Christmas party is coming up in a week and a half and then Christmas will be here and I'm sure I'll have something to write about!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Guitar Hero.

Lindsay said...

Hey -- you needed my help in the background though! I was a good 2nd guitar!

Anonymous said...

I suppose you'll always play second fiddle...or guitar, to me. =)

Lindsay said...

Catchy comeback Bro!! I guess I will settle for that since I only get to play on holidays. I think we need to have another concert at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I was just looking through some of the older stuff, and I found this comment:

"Styx sucks"

And to that I'd like to say:

Joe sucks.

Lindsay said...

HA! You sure are giving him a lot of trouble! I know Styx doesn't suck. I'm excited for the 28th!