Saturday, September 16, 2006

That's a winner....

This past week has gone by in a blur. I can't believe it's Saturday again already! Since I don't want anyone to think I have fallen off of the face of the earth, I decided to update. The concert last Saturday night was awesome! My bro is one of the coolest guys I know. We had a blast...even if he and his girlfriend and his best friend did decide to harass me all night long. I think Foreigner is one of my new favorites and Styx was great as well. I'm a little ticked though...Styx did not play "Babe." What the heck! In any case, I've had both bands songs flowing through my head all week long.

Work is extremely hectic right now. We all are continuing to work weekends so that we don't fall too far behind. I know Josh probably thinks my life revolves around work and spreadsheets and right now, it pretty much does. Speaking of Josh, I was lucky enough to go have dinner with him on Wednesday night after we both got off of work. Now driving to Cape on a Wednesday night would have been completely crazy (although, if he would have asked, I would have done it) so we met halfway at Ruby Tuesday's in Festus. It was delish....and we finally got to catch up a bit. He, like almost everyone else in my life, hasn't gotten much of an update from me lately due to all of the craziness and it was great just to sit back and get to enjoy a few hours together. I felt like I was a teenager again while we were out because after dinner we decided to drop off a few boxes of stuff from his place in Cape at his dad's which is just about a mile or two away from where we met. Well...considering it was like 10 at night and his dad would most likely be asleep because he has to work early in the morning, we tip-toed into the house like 10 times carrying all sorts of stuff and each time we stopped to make sure that we didn't wake him. It reminded me of high school and trying to sneak into the house at the crazy hours I did without waking up my parents. Anyway, it ended up being a terrific night and it was sad to see us driving in opposite directions going back home.

Friday, some of the work gang decided to go to Fairmount Park and watch the horse races. It was the first time I'd ever been to a horse race and it was actually pretty fun. I don't know much about odds and jockeys and horses, but it was at least neat to watch. I actually bet in race 5 and my horse won! For some reason when I decided to bet, I picked a horse whose name and number I liked. It was #3 Lady Diazo. One of my co-workers noted before I officially decided to place a bet that the jockey was pretty good too...so I went to the window and bet $2.00 win on #3. The race was only like a minute and a half long and for the first part of it my horse was like #5 out of 7 horses...but as they came around the bend she started moving up. It was an easy win though when it came down to the finish and my horse pulled through and as a result.....drum roll please....I won $5! Look at me over here -- the big spender and big winner at the track. WOO HOO!!! And that was the last of my betting for the night. It was a good time though and I'm glad the gang was able to get together and go out for a change.

As for today, I got up and went into work around 10 along with M & S and we worked on getting billing caught up while most of the guys we work with went and played in a golf tournament. (I guess they didn't realize that girls know how to play golf too because we weren't invited.) We put in another full day....and finally at 5 we decided to call it a day. M & I decided that since we didn't take a lunch and since we had no plans for the evening that we were going to go have dinner so we went to Red Lobster and tried to solve all of the world's problems in just an hour and a half. Actually it was nice getting to go out and talk to her for a change. We never really get much of a chance to just have a nice conversation....at work now we are in an office with 6 other people and everyone overhears everything said and some of the things we talk about aren't appropriate. Let me rephrase that....it's appropriate but it's mean. There is quite a bit of tension between certain people and it's affecting the jobs of others....it's that way at every company though and really just to let off some steam....mean things get said. She understands it and so do I and we're usually each others support system when that happens. Lately though, with the commotion we don't have much time to catch up and talk so this was a great way to fix that.

That's this past week in a nutshell. Tomorrow I'm planning on relaxing for a bit and catching up on some much needed sleep and then there is a family dinner at my Grandma's house with everyone. It should be a nice day though before the craziness starts again at 8 am on Monday morning. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Tom the Hockey Guy said...

It's always a good call when Styx doesn't play "Babe" (lol). Hopefully they also let "Mr. Roboto" slip off the playlist, too (lol).

Lindsay said...

There was no Mr. Roboto either....but that's ok. I still was very disappointed with not hearing "Babe." The show rocked though!