For some reason I feel like posting and I really don't have a whole lot to say. The week has gone by and I haven't done anything besides work and come home every night to an empty apartment. Tonight we went out for drinks at Casa after work, but that only lasted about 2 hours and now I'm back home. That's for the best though because Nicole is spending the rest of the weekend with me and I don't need to be hungover for her visit. Plus, I'm really looking forward to shopping and swimming and spending time with her.
In my spare time I've been listening to a lot of music. Ok, not really, I've listened to the same CDs over and over again and I'm absolutely loving the 2 Shinedown CDs I have. J got me hooked on them before he left for Laredo and I must say his taste in music is superb. Well, I actually started listening to all of the words I've been belting out lately and for some strange reason I'm stuck on "Burning Bright." I think the song is a good representation of me and some of the stuff I've gone through in the past 7 or 8 months. I'm sure there are only 2 people right now who understand why this fits me so well. Who knows -- it might only be one.
In any case, I've decided to post the lyrics. Usually I'm not the type of person to do something like that, but considering I think this song describes me to a tee, I thought I'd let everyone in a little bit. If you don't know how exactly this applies to me, that's ok....I'm not expecting you to, but I just thought I'd let others in on how I currently see things.
So, here we go:
"Burning Bright"
I feel like there is no need for conversation
Some questions are better left without a reason
And I would rather reveal myself than my situation
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright
I wonder if the things I did were just to be different
To spare myself of the constant shame of my existence
And I would surely redeem myself in my desperation
Here and now I'll express, my situation
There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction
I know I cross the lines its not easy to define
I'm born to indecision
There's always something new some path I'm supposed to choose
With no particular rhyme or reason
I'm sure that when the guys of Shinedown wrote this song, they weren't thinking of me and the meaning I got from it, but I bet if I went back and explained myself to my friends it would make a lot more sense. However, I'm not going to take the time to explain all that. Don't worry...I'm not emo or anything like that. In fact, if you don't know who Shinedown is, they're good ol' Southern Rock. They've got the strong voices that make me quiver when I hear their songs, especially the acoustic versions.
Anyway, if you have any questions regarding any of this, feel free to send them my way. But, I feel so much better just to get this out a little bit....even if everyone else is lost.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm going to relax before my fun-filled weekend starts tomorrow morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment