Monday, May 15, 2006

"Take Me Out to the Ball Game"

The new Busch Stadium is awesome! And to top it off, Saturday's game is probably the best game I've gone to in a long time. Of course what made it even better is that I had the most important guy in my life sitting in the seat next to me. Josh was thoroughly impressed with the stadium and the company seats as well and I'm so glad that he was able to go with me. We got to the game at the bottom of the first inning because dinner took us a little longer than we expected but from the time we got there until we left it was an exciting game. The D'backs pitching was lacking a bit and the Cardinals took advantage of that. Rolen hit a home run with runners on 2nd and 3rd and then someone else knocked in a run later in the inning. In the 2nd inning, Albert the Great hit a homer and the crowd went wild. In fact, the rest of the night when he came to the plate the flashes were going like crazy to get a good shot of him hitting another one out of the park but it still was exciting to watch him every time. The Cardinals ended up winning the game 9-1 and moved into first place in the Central Division. But, perhaps the greatest part of the night was the time I got to spend with Josh. I updated him on all of the progress made with my job and everything else that has happended in the last 3 months. He told me about the National Guard and school next semester and of course we talked about everything we still wanted to go see and do this summer. It will be great if we get to take a weekend or even a few days one week and go on another one of our adventures. The last two years we've been lucky enough to be able to go to Vegas and Washington DC...who knows what this summer will bring and if we'll even get any time to go somewhere. I'm sure going to try though!

Sunday was Mother's day and like a good daughter, I went and spent the day with my mom and grandma. We ended up going to Longhorn for dinner and then came back to my apartment for cake. It wasn't a very eventful day because my mom was working on student assessments for her classes.

Today started another week of work. Time just flies by there. Our terminal manager from Laredo was supposed to come into town today however his flight was cancelled because of storms in the south so he won't be in until tomorrow. It will be nice to meet him, since most of us in our office have only talked to him on the phone. Plus, it will be nice to have him in the same office for a few days to help us with some issues in person. I've got a list of stuff for him to look at already and I'm sure more things will come up this week. M and I are also supposed to be planning a happy hour for later this week for everyone...not sure what is going on with that though yet. I wasn't able to give much thought to it today, but if we do something I'm sure it will be exciting. Tomorrow I have another AR meeting, but this week it's an hour earlier than normal. I'm sure I'll be running around the office like an idiot tomorrow trying to get everything accomplished before my meeting. The one good thing is that I'll be able to get my meeting minutes out a little earlier and I might be able to leave on time for a change and I am looking forward to that! It will be better though if my numbers are actually down this week. We'll see what happens though...I might have to start knocking some heads together to get results. Watch out now!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm sure I'll be running around the office like an idiot tomorrow"

How is that gonna be any different from any other day?

OOOOH...BURN!!

Lindsay said...

Thanks Bro...I knew I could count on you to pick up on that. Really it's no different. I just get a little meaner on Tuesdays & Wednesdays for that matter and I have absolutely no patience for stupidity. Oh wait...that's pretty much the same too.

Anonymous said...

Jean and I had a pizza party at work tonight. We had Pizza Hut deliver to the store.

My job is so awesome. =)

Lindsay said...

Cool...Sounds like it was a blast!

Anonymous said...

As of tonight, I have worked 16 days straight.

45.5 hours for each of the past 2 weeks.

I'm superman.

Lindsay said...

Man...you're going to be rolling in the cash. Can I borrow some???

Anonymous said...

Day 17

Lindsay said...

Of course! Why would you expect any different?

Anonymous said...

Myspace is poop.

It's like somebody just took a huge dump on the internet and said "HEY EVERYBODY, COME LOOK AT MY POOP. IT'S SO TRENDY AND COOL!"

Steer away from Myspace, and you'll be a better person for it.

Lindsay said...

Yes, I do work all the time. But my work is finally paying off. And I'm not getting a myspace account right now. What is the point if I'm hardly ever online? You're the one who convinced me to get a blog and now you don't even update yours! Soon as I get a myspace account you'll find something else for me to get!