Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day means something special

Because the military is very close to my heart I would just like to say Happy Memorial Day! From my family alone both of my grandfathers served in the Army and Navy respectively and my step-dad served a full career in the Army as well. Not to mention Josh spending 4 years in the Army in military intelligence and as a paratrooper and then going back to serve in the National Guard.

I am so proud of those who have served our country and those who still do and we all owe our freedom to those who have been willing to fight for it. I remember going to Arlington National Cemetery in DC last summer and realizing that there are people out there who serve to protect the rest of us and it was unbelievable that so many think about the welfare of the world before themselves and I am truly grateful for that.

Thank you to all of the members of our United States military branches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"and my step-dad served a full career in the Army as well."

Too bad that guy is a complete douche bag.