Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Happy 21st Birthday Cuz!

I would just like to say to one of my favorite people in the world Happy Birthday! Today is my cousin Mary's 21st birthday and like all 21st birthdays for our family, we hit the casino after work. It ended up being a blast and even though I lost some money, I'm glad I was able to get off of work at a decent time and go meet everyone. And Cuz, as a personal note to you...watch out now because you know this means more trouble for us to get into now that you are finally legal!

As for everything else, well it just keeps piling up. I thought I was actually doing good for a change by the middle of last week and then all hell broke loose. The email server at work crashed during an upgrade and from Wednesday afternoon on it was a complete disaster. Not only did we lose email, but I also lost Quickbooks which is the main accounting software for two of the companies I work for and our Laredo terminal lost all of their files. We finally got everything up and running on Monday morning after 4 and a half long days (yes, I consider weekends because our operations are 24/7) and we come to realize that nothing had been backed up and therefore all old emails and contacts and pretty much anything else stored in Microsoft Outlook were completely gone and the only backup that I had for Quickbooks was from January 20th. So I have spent the last two days trying to create the last month and a half for two companies and then find all of the information I can to recreate my address book for my business contacts. Finally at 4:45 pm today I had both companies re-entered and I had a start on my email contacts. Perhaps the best advice given to me today, which really I should have known but didn't really think about until it was mentioned, came from J, who told me that I need to go back to the old time ways and write everything down in a notebook and print out as much as I can. I guess I do rely heavily on computers and servers and everything electronic and perhaps much of my generation does, but I know better now and you can bet to sure that I will have everything backed up should that ever happen again. Actually the whole reason why I called J was to give him some great news. Finally, after 3 months of bugging and hounding him and pleading for all of his help, I got a check from the client that he was helping collect payment from. I could have done cartwheels around the office today when I saw that check come in and I guess I do owe him a batch of cookies now. I better get baking this weekend!
I don't know what I'm going to spend my time working on now. It seems like every day I was calling or emailing or sending him messages across the system asking him what the status was on payment. Oh how will he survive without me hounding him??? I'm sure I can find a million other things to call him about! ;) He is the brains behind the operations in Laredo now...and I told him that whenever I have questions he the first one I'll call because even if he doesn't know the answer he will come up with something and make it sound right. (A lot like myself according to Josh.)

Tomorrow is crazy, hectic Wednesday again. I'm never prepared for Wednesdays...even though I work hard to make sure that everything goes smooth something comes up and throws that plan out the window. At least I have something to look forward to after work. We're taking D out for her birthday and since M and I celebrate "Mexican Day" every Wednesday we're going to finish off the day at Casa with margaritas. (By the way, for those of you unfamiliar with "Mexican Day," it's the day that M pays all of our logistics carriers, most of which are Mexico based companies...hence the name.)

So that's the scoop for now. I'll be sure to update on all of my adventures...and hopefully I'll stay out of trouble for the time being!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"watch out now because you know this means more trouble for us to get into now that you are finally legal!"


.....

Lindsay said...

What? I made myself perfectly clear. There are more places to get into trouble with now rather than the regular hangouts. I could go down lists of places I've gone now that I'm legal. Just wait 2 more years bro, you can start getting into trouble with me too!

Anonymous said...

"Just wait 2 more years bro, you can start getting into trouble with me too!"

I'm sure I have much more fun with my posse.

Lindsay said...

Nobody is as fun as me. In fact those who are located in different parts of the states are now wishing that they were back in STL to spend some quality time with me. Just wait...you'll come around eventually!

Anonymous said...

"Nobody is as fun as me."

Lies. I'm MORE fun than you.

And my posse owns all.

Lindsay said...

Your posse hasn't been around long enough to own all...in fact, most of them haven't even made it out of high school yet. Give them a few years and a few life experiences under their belts.
And hey...what are you doing next weekend?

Anonymous said...

That's a very high and mighty statement to make. Just because they're younger than you speaks nothing of their life experiences or their awesomeness in general.

"And hey...what are you doing next weekend?"

Me and the boys are going to Hooters. And then I'm probably gonna be spending some time with Shelley.

Lindsay said...

Well can you fit a little time with your Sis in? Maybe for lunch or dinner or something???

Also, life experiences...HA!

Anonymous said...

"Also, life experiences...HA!"

Keep an attitude like that and there's a good chance that I won't be able to find time to hang out with you.....