My first major party planning event came off without a hitch and ended up being an awesome evening! So awesome I still can't feel my feet from all of the dancing I did! It turns out that we were able to get just about everyone in the office out to celebrate J's big promotion...a task that had not been accomplished until just last night. Even the President of the company and Controller spent a few hours out "kickin it" as my co-worker M (she's the other part of the party trio along with J and I) keeps mentioning. Really though, the night was great. It was packed at Syberg's but we managed to get a table once everyone got there and we scoped out a huge group leaving. After the band started playing at 9 I don't think anyone of us (by this time the group was half the size) stayed at the table for more than one song. Everytime a new song would come on and one of us would try to head back....we'd pull that person back out onto the dance floor. I don't know how many times I would be dancing with J and then he'd tell me that he needed a break and he'd walk back to the table and I'd pull him right back out there because another good song was playing.
I have pictures of all of this but some are rather incriminating so I think I'm just going to keep them to myself for the time being. The best picture of the night which I think I'm going to have blown up to poster size is a picture of me and J and C. I wanted to get a shot with those two so M took my camera and I walked in between them to get a good shot all of a sudden I hear from both of them to M to wait until they say 3 and then take the shot because they wanted this one to be the best shot of the night. So I'm standing there....kinda buzzed but knowing what's going on around me or at least thinking I do and I hear, "1....2.....3." On 3 both guys plant their lips on my cheeks and I have a picture of being kissed by both of them. You should see the smile on my face with that one! My coworkers are freaking awesome!!! For those of you that don't know, which I'm not sure who doesn't, I consider both J and C very hot guys. Not that anyone really wants to hear that but it's come up as conversation in my personal office quite a few times since I started working here in July between me and the girls. So anyway, the night was extremely fun.....we all stopped drinking pretty early which is a good thing and for the last like 2 hours it was straight water because we were all extremely warm from the dancing. We all rode back to the company together after dropping another girl off at home and picked up our cars at like 2 this morning and I crashed as soon as I got the pictures downloaded to my computer.
M and I are now trying to devise a plan to get down to Laredo for some weekend to kick it with J and maybe even C if he's down there at the time. Laredo is one hell of a drive from St. Louis but I'm sure that we could find a cheap flight for a weekend trip so we can all still party like we've been accustomed to for 3 or 4 months now. Next week we're taking a road trip to our office is southern Missouri....not a trip I'm really looking forward to next week because I have alot to take care of up here with my job but with both of our people in billing giving their resignation earlier this week, M and I have to go down and learn the billing system until we can hire someone else for that position. Another thing I get to learn for my job...pretty soon I'm going to know the entire accounting cycle for trucking. I guess that's not a bad thing though since I am an accountant and I produce the final work for financial statements and reports but I don't have nearly enough time in a day to be able to do everything I'm learning. I'm working about 50 hours a week as is and I still can't keep up sometimes. But, I also have to look at it in a positive light...they wouldn't have me learn all of this stuff if they didn't think I could handle it and they weren't going to keep me around for awhile.
So that is my exciting evening out and its so sad that my dear buddy J is leaving next week for Texas but like he said he's going to fix up our Laredo terminal and get back up here as fast as he can so he can come back and party with his girls. By the way, M and I are the girls. The rest of the women in our office have a pre-girl status since they haven't gone out and kicked it like the two of us have with him. But what can I say, M and I are party animals! Rock on! :)
Finally, one last note...congrats to my aunt and her boyfriend, well now fiancee. They got engaged last Saturday night while I was out in Highland. I wish them all the best!
9 comments:
"I consider both J and C very hot guys."
I consider myself to be a very sexy man-specimen. I know for a fact that they don't come even close to my level of "hawtness."
You're nowhere near their level of hotness! Trust me...plus you don't dance very well and they both are awesome dancers.
Don't even try to pull that. Not only am I amazingly hawt, but I am amazingly gifted in the rhythm department. Everyone who's opinion actually matters agress that I have some awesome moves.
Ergo, you are wrong, I win.
We'll see about that! I don't think you know anyone besides myself that has an opinion that matters. I am the coolest...just ask the guys I work with.
You clearly are not in the know when it comes to the people who have opinions that matter.
Your opinion, and the opinions of your coworkers, are negligable.
My opinion completely trumpts anything you can come up with.
Your opinions count for little...plus you can't spell. I have two up on you now! :::High fives herself since no one else is here:::
Yes, yes, I do have my occasional typo. Take your puny victories where you can. We all know you don't actually get any victories that matter.
Oh, and my opinions count for quite a bit. You know that guy, God. Who do you think his top advisor is? Yeah, all me.
Well then we're all in trouble!
Well, I'm not in trouble.
All of you other peons might have something to worry about, though.
Post a Comment