Saturday, June 03, 2023

Welcome to June!

 Oh what a week it has been!

I'm happy to say that I'm recovering pretty well from my gallbladder surgery and am pretty much back to normal after an eventful time about 10 days ago.  My incisions aren't completely healed yet but the soreness has worn off.  I got to get back to the gym today for the first time in about 2 weeks and it felt good.  Now, if I could just keep this momentum up!  I go back to the surgeon for my 2 week follow up appointment on Tuesday and fully expect for a good report from the appointment.

We had a pretty busy week this week.  Getting back to the office after being out for a week was really chaotic.  Sure, I worked from home the 3 days after I was discharged from the hospital and I put in full days even though I was recovering but there was so much more to take care of being back onsite.  Plus it was month-end, which always makes things quite a bit busier.  I put a lot of time in the office this week and then tried to spend the rest of the time with my kiddos in the early mornings and late evenings.

I was lucky enough to get some Lindsay time last weekend though.  On Sunday, I got to spend the afternoon with my oldest friend from childhood, Shell.  After coming back to STL to visit family and friends from her home in New Zealand, we got to go out for lunch and a few drinks at Shortleaf and catch up for a few hours.  It was exactly what I needed.  I realize I go go go all the time and take care of so much for everyone else and sometimes I just need a bit of time for me.  It was great to get to catch up too after not seeing each other for 4+ years.

On Monday, we barbequed and had Mom and Michael over for Memorial Day.  The kids absolutely loved getting to have a picnic outside and playing in their Cozy Coupe and John Deere Tractor.  We also played dominoes where Declan kicked butt and beat all 3 adults.  He practiced his numbers and math skills too and I'm just in awe at what he already knows at 4.  Connor had a blast running around and eating popsicles.

As I mentioned earlier, this week was quite busy and thankfully my mom was able to help get the kids after school.  She had a big tree cut down at her house and offered to pick up the boys so that they could watch the guys take it down.  Both boys absolutely love construction and large machines and had a blast with the trucks, wood chipper and all the tools used to take down the hollowed out tree.  Declan told me all about it when I picked him up on Thursday and even told me the guys were showing off and doing tricks for them.  Listening to him telling the stories of their adventures was the cutest.

As far as this weekend, we're not up to anything too crazy.  Recovering from the week, meal prepping and getting ready for the week ahead.  Declan has a birthday party for one of his school friends tomorrow and we're going to enjoy a bit of downtime. (Really though as if there is any downtime with a 1.5 and 4.5 year old!)

Anyway, here are a few pics of our Memorial Day weekend:




No comments: