Saturday, August 07, 2021

Baby R #2 - Week 30

I'm 30 weeks along with baby Connor and we're doing well.  I feel huge but according to my doctor yesterday, I'm right on schedule and my belly is measuring exactly where it should be.  It's hard to believe that in 2 months, we'll be a family of four.  Declan talks non-stop about baby Connor and all of the things he is going to do with him as soon as he is out of mommy's belly.  

Some of stuff Declan has planned are (and my unspoken thoughts):
- playing Hot Wheels and racing cars down his new Hot Wheels track  (he may get to watch)
- having a birthday party together in the basement  (this may be possible since they will both have October birthdays)
- drinking juice boxes  (umm, not for at least 2 years)
- eating fruit snacks  (same as above)
- riding together in Declan's car seat, Declan says he will hold Connor  (umm, no way!)
- playing in Declan's big boy room  (maybe eventually)
- being in the same classroom and showing him the ropes at preschool  (probably not, since the kids are separated by age groups)

His innocence brings me so much joy and while baby Connor probably won't do much of anything Declan has planned, I love that he is already loving his baby brother so much and is looking forward to his arrival.
Declan also told us that he's planning on coming to the hospital and will have a slushie with Daddy to celebrate baby Connor being born.  We still don't know if we will be allowed visitors this go round but we've told Declan about when he was born and he was enthralled by the thought of having a blue or yellow slushie just like Daddy had when Declan was born.

A few weeks ago was #BumpDay -- a day to celebrate pregnancy and raise awareness and support that every mom gets the help she needs to deliver a healthy start in life for her baby.  It's celebrated on the 3rd Wednesday of July each year and in 2018, I was 28 weeks, 5 days pregnant with Declan.  This year I was 27 weeks, 5 days pregnant.  I decided it would be fun to wear the same outfit from 2018 and do a comparison pic.  I was so surprised that I really don't look much different in the belly. Elsewhere, I look and feel older, but belly-wise was pretty close


Besides Bump Day, we took Declan to pick blackberries a few weekends ago.  Even though it was extremely humid and hot, he had so much fun picking blackberries and putting them in his basket.  He even enjoyed a few snacks along the way.



He also was surprised with a Hot Wheels racetrack last weekend from his PaPa Tom and Grandma Kristin and has spent a good amount of time racing his cars and commentating on the races.  I think his new favorite phrases are now: "On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!" and "Bugatti Takes the Win!"  A few months back, he started really getting into cars.  D found YouTube videos of a guy racing Hot Wheel and Matchbox cars and Declan was hooked.  Part of his bedtime routine now is watching a race or two before going to sleep and he is absolutely fascinated with all cars now.  When we're driving or out walking, Declan points out various makes and models of cars and really has a great memory of cars.  He'll tell me from time to time that I need to buy a Bugatti or Lamborghini as my next car (he has extreme taste!) and I just have to laugh because I don't know many almost 3 year olds that even know what those cars are!

Other than that, we've just been at home and getting things ready for Connor's arrival.  This month, I'm starting to rewash baby clothes and supplies and getting them put away in Connor's room.  These next 10 weeks will surely fly by as fast as the past 30 have and I want to make sure we're ready for the big day!


No comments: