Today was momentous day at work, our company went public in spite of volatile market for the industry. While exciting, it still was a long day considering I had to complete another close for the IPO. Ahhh, the life of a Sales Accountant! Two closes in one month is definitely not my favorite thing to do but somehow despite having 2 companies to complete today, I still managed to finish all of my accruals and reports and still had time to take care of other things needed throughout the day. Some days I amaze myself, other days I appear to be the biggest idiot in the department. And some will probably confirm that yesterday was an idiot day for me especially considering the looks I got when I went to explain a sales invoice at 7:30 am but somehow I persevered.
So anyway, getting back to the IPO, we all took a short break to watch the first trade early this morning, which was quite interesting since I've never personally known anyone who has actually been on the trading room floor before and today a handful of our executives were actually there. And in-between all of my work today and mostly because it was pulled up on my second computer screen, I found a few opportunities to check in to see how the first day on the exchange went.....it was up, it was down, it was up again, then down again and finally it finished $1.00 down from the target price. I was hoping for much better but I'll be patient and see what happens beyond day 1, month 1 or even year 1 for that matter. Since I have invested my own money in this, you can be sure I'll be keeping my eye on how things are going for the long haul. Let's hope there are future gains as we are the lowest cost and highest margin producer in our industry in all of the U.S.
Tomorrow morning is another big day for our company as our primary owner will be ringing the bell at the exchange. It is also my Friday, which makes it even better because after another close, I'm more than beat!
By the way, you may think that the title of this post is a bit misleading....don't worry, I'm not that crazy. It just so happens that the NYSE listing is also an Urban Dictionary acronym and an outrageous one at that.
Update: In case you really want to watch it, click this link see the opening bell this morning.
1 comment:
They didn't invite you to come along to ring the bell...pfft.
Post a Comment