Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 1 in the books

Source
I've been lucky enough to drive into this skyline for the past 5 days and I'm still in awe at how amazing it is.  Ok, maybe the job has something to do with how amazing it is as well.
From about 8:01 am on Monday as I met my co-workers for the first time, I felt comfortable and at home and happy with my decision to take this leap.  No, the job is not an easy one since there are many intricacies with our contracts, customers and the industry in general but my transportation background is going to help me a bit.  There is A LOT to learn and I'm digging in and doing my best and I'm actually being trained!  By the time 5 pm rolled around on Friday, I did feel accomplished for my first week, a week that included the end of the month nonetheless.

My co-workers made me feel comfortable also.  Who knew that I'd actually step into a job where people talk to one another during the say and want to help each other out?!?  Oh wait, yeah, that's the way it should be!  And most of the time, we actually go to lunch together as well.  Can I tell you how many times I did that at the last place in the 6 months I was there?  ZERO!  NADA!  ZILCH!
Ok, no more comparing the new place to the old because there is no comparison.

Now I can finally breathe and be that employee I was meant to be.  It's so much easier to like your job and like working in general when you feel welcomed and wanted.

P.S. I'm giving brownie points to anyone who can actually pick out the building in the pic that I work in.  And no, it's not the Arch.  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...the one inside the Arch which looks to be sitting beside the Capitol building?

Lindsay said...

Pretty close Joel! I'll give you half a brownie point since I'm in a building that is partially inside the Arch.
Actually I work in the building with the pretty green roof. It's the tallest building in our city and I get a head rush going up the elevator to my floor nearly every single day. Still awesome though! :)

Unknown said...

By 'half a brownie point' you mean a batch of brownies that you're going to mean and mail to me, right?

Lindsay said...

Of course! :) I do make a mean batch of home-made brownies. Top 3 ever according to one of my former, former co-workers.