Monday, July 18, 2011

6 years going on a lifetime...

Today is my 6 year anniversary at work.  It's the longest amount of time I've spent in any one company and I've faced enough trial and tribulation in the past 6 years to last me a lifetime.  To anyone who ever thinks that a semi is just a tractor-trailer on the road or that the transportation business is just about moving freight, feel free to come visit me for a few days.

Right now, I'm holding my breath that I can at least get through my day somewhat unfrazzled, leave at a reasonable hour and not be left with a huge backlog for tomorrow.  I may need a celebratory drink if I make it through and don't yell or cry at least once today.  (You may laugh at this, but the two people that usually get me through my rough times are both gone today.  I'm on my own and not feeling so confident in my abilities to stay grounded.)

Ok, time to take a deep breath and put on a happy face....here we go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be 4 years at my current place in a few days and like you, 5 years seems to have been my max.

So did you survive Monday?

Lindsay said...

Believe it or not Joel, I did survive Monday and did not melt down even once!!

I used to have this "2 years and move on" mentality. I can't believe I've lasted this long here. I would say the only reason is because there is so much variety in the work I do, I don't have time to get tired of the same job day in and day out. The downside of this variety...my head spins daily.

Congrats on 4 years too!