Thursday, December 23, 2010

3 Days...

...3 Christmases.
While I may not have any Christmas decorations out or a Christmas tree up, I have shopped or made all of my Christmas presents and even wrapped them and ultimately, I'm ready for what's next.

Tonight is Christmas with my main squeeze.  Since we both have family functions on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we're celebrating our Christmas a tad early.  I'm making a semi-fancy dinner (only because I'm using wine in my roast beef entree) and we're going to exchange our gifts.  We aimed for the hand-made, thought-provoking aspect this year.  Hopefully he'll find my gift to be a clever one.  :)  He hasn't given me any clues as to what he put together for me but I do know he's searched high and low for materials.  I'm sure it will be perfect.

Christmas Eve, I'm heading to spend the evening with my Mom's side of the family.  A bit of good news came Tuesday night as my Grandma was released from the hospital.  While she is still struggling, it is comforting to know that she will be spending the holiday at home with her family.

That leaves Christmas Day and as long as the weather cooperates, my Bro and I will be driving out to my Dad's and spending the afternoon with him, my aunt and uncle and cousins.  We're playing it by ear until the system comes through the region but we're all hoping that its nothing major and that our plans hold up.  Otherwise, we'll move our celebration around to combat the snow.

It will be a fun-filled weekend for sure and the best part is that its not all lumped into one day.  I wish holidays worked this well every year.

No comments: