Saturday was the golf tournament I was invited to play in with the guys from work and I must say, even though I played horribly, I had a terrific day!!! I can't imagine having any more fun than I did with SS, M and MK. It turns out that TL was unable to play due to family commitments and M was elected to take his place. You know that when you put the two of us together for anything it turns into an extravaganza and Saturday was no different. We joked around and got lost going to the first hole and had to drive in reverse to make it back to the tee box. Mind you, we didn't just drive ahead a few feet, no we were nearly an entire hole ahead of where we should have been before I got a phone call asking "where the heck are you two going?" and then being told to turn around and come back so we could actually start on the first hole. Then we find out that we were actually starting on the other 9 hole course and the boys getting a bit annoyed by our driving antics decided that they had to split us up. So by hole #2, I was paired with SS, while M was paired with MK. All I can say is that SS is nearly as crazy in a golf cart as S was in his tournament last year, maybe even crazier, but it was so much fun! M and I did find time for more joking and goofing off and by hole #3, we had our golf carts named and were giggling like school girls. (Note to everyone: the name of my cart shall remain anonymous unless by chance you happen to see the picture, then I'm sure you can guess what name it got!)
As a team we did not play that badly -- we were 5 under par for the entire round, which in my book is fabulous, especially since I only contributed one good drive and one good putt for 18 holes of golf! By the end, I was frozen to the core from the windy conditions and my arms were tired from swinging so much and I was ready to come home and put on my sweats and just relax on my couch. I heard there was quite the parking lot party when everyone got back to their cars at work--too bad I missed that, but I'm definitely glad I came home!!
I spent most of Sunday at my parents house doing laundry and watching some of the football games. There is something about Sunday though that brings me down...I'm not sure if it is due to the fact that it is usually the day that I have so little planned that I get bored or if I just don't know how to relax properly but the last few Sundays have been down days for me. After I got home, I called my awesome Bro and he did help cheer me up and get me through my evening. Thanks again Bro for listening to my worries, complaints, accomplishments and my joys...I do appreciate all of the time you spent with me on the phone. I do feel much better today!
Of course, with today brought a whole new week at work. Not to sound any weirder than I already am, but with work, I know I have a purpose to my life. I get up every morning knowing I'm going in to do something meaningful and goal-oriented. Sure, it is not always easy and there are some days that I can't make any headway with my daily tasks, but for the most part I enjoy every minute I am there and I look at my position as being productive with my life. I explained that to my immediate boss and the President of the Company on Friday when they gave me my annual review. I also told them that even though I am not supposed to rule my life around work, I do take my position to heart. I ended up getting an excellent review as well and I'm extremely happy with the outcome. I know it is partially deserved but I am also grateful that they think so highly of me and the job I do. As for the rest of my week, I will be preparing for month-end on Friday. They come around so quickly!!
Halloween is also on Friday. I have been trying to round up a few friends and plan something since I don't want to sit at home by myself another Friday night (2 weeks in a row is enough for me). So we'll see what I come up with by Friday. If anything, I might try my luck over at the casino. I've been itching to get back over there since my little visit a few weeks ago and watching Texas Hold'em on tv doesn't help, it just makes me want to go even more. In any case, I'm sure I'll have fun with whatever I decide to do.
Hope you have a great week and I'll check back in soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment