Thank goodness the weekend has rolled around again! For a week that I thought would be a piece of cake, I sure stayed busy!!
Last Saturday was the much anticipated NASCAR Craftsmen Truck Series race at Gateway and boy did I have fun!! There is something that intrigues me about fast vehicles and racing and being able to see the truck series added to my fascination. We had awesome seats and were able to see the entire track and I found myself trying to strategize (is that even a word?) for each driver while I was sitting there watching the action. I didn't realize how much horsepower was out on the track until all of the trucks came around and how loud the trucks are when they go speeding along. The noises were almost unbearable. I do have a note for next time though...remember ear plugs!! With one race under my belt, now I'm ready for Daytona or Dover or Indy or anywhere else for that matter! By the way, if you're following the NASCAR Craftsmen Truck Series circuit, Ron Hornaday Jr. won the race. His truck ran amazingly well through all of the accidents and cautions and he led most of the 200 miles.
After the race, we decided to head to Fast Eddies for dinner. Nothing beats a cold, frosty beverage, yummy shrimp and a pork kebab!!
Tuesday I came home from work and got a huge shock when I opened my mailbox. My friends... I have been chosen for jury duty in the county and I am not thrilled by any means. Actually I'm still a bit pissed about it, but after trying to convince my boss that I can't be gone from work and him telling me that he can't get me out of it, I mailed my form back to the courts and accepted the date. I don't even take time off of work for myself because I'm afraid I'm going to fall behind and now the county is forcing me to take at least a day and maybe more than that off because I have to fulfill my civic duty....uggghhh!!! I have nearly 4 weeks to get everyone trained on my essential duties to get me through a whole Tuesday without being there, so I don't need to stress just yet, but I know what happens when I'm not there for an entire day; however, I'm going to have positive thoughts. Who knows this might turn a new leaf for me and everyone at work and I might be able to start using my personal and vacation days before I lose them all!!
Last night was my night out with the work crowd and while not everyone was able to attend and we missed them, we did have a fun night. One thing that I find from these nights out, I'm able to get to know some of my co-workers that I really don't get much of a chance to talk to on a regular basis. I think these kind of nights also allow me to open up a bit more and become more comfortable around everyone and even a bit more laid back than I seem when I'm flying around the office dealing with the 100 issues I have going on at once. Don't get me wrong, I'm friendly in the office but outside of my core group of friends, no one else really drops tools to talk to one another and say much besides, "hey, how's it going?" When we're out, it's usually much easier to talk and get to know more about everyone's lives and families.
As for today, I ran a few errands this morning and treated myself to a pedicure. I felt I needed the splurge and my toes look amazing and my feet feel wonderful. M and I are thinking about getting together later to work on a picture project. We have so many shots from work functions that we thought it would be fun to put them together in a book for the office. I haven't followed up with her yet, so I'm not sure if we'll actually do this tonight or not. If not, I guess I'll say put and just relax this evening since that sounds very appealing right now too.
Have a fabulous Saturday! Catch ya later!!
7 comments:
"strategize (is that even a word?)"
Yes, yes it is.
-Bro
Thanks Bro! Or are you trying to tease me again like you did with the junction of axis??? :P
You've seriously never heard of the word strategize?!
-Bro
No I've heard of it, but it just looked and sounded funny when I said it out loud to myself. Maybe it's just me being crazy. Who knows! I was just giving you trouble about the junction of axis too.
I'll tell you what isn't a word...
Strategery
-Bro
Strategery
That sounds like an awesome word!!! We should add that to the new dictionary. :)
And we'll call it the Dictionary of Dipshittery.
=P
-Bro
Post a Comment