So tomorrow's the big golf tournament and given the fact that I haven't even used my clubs since Father's Day, I'm sure I'm going to be a little rusty out on the course. At least, I have a halfway good team to pull me through. (Let's go Dad and Bro!!) My motto for tomorrow is: "it doesn't matter how I play, at least I will look good out there." Hopefully that will get me through! I do have a few small kinks to work out before tomorrow afternoon, but I'm sure everything will turn out alright. (I just need to think positively!!)
Really, I'm looking to have more fun hitting the balls at the guys from work and joking around with everyone than I am at actually playing an entire round. I have to get some practice in though because I was asked to play in another tournament in October and should I play in that one, I actually have to pull my weight since those guys will kick me off the team if I stink.
Last week I drove back out to the former company I worked for to pick up attendance prizes for tomorrow and while I was there, I had a chance to visit for the first time in 3 years. It's amazing how much changes in that amount of time. Everyone was excited to see me and I was happy to update them on all of the happenings in my life and at work. Perhaps the greatest thing for me was to see there faces as I walked in. As some of you know, in a little over 3 years time, I've dropped 80 lbs. To be able to go from 205 lbs back in May 2005 to a lean and mostly fit 125 today is quite an accomplishment and while I know what it has taken to get to this point is nothing short of amazing, it's also nice that other people notice the drastic change. That was the case when I went back to visit the other day. I look nothing like I did when I left there and for the most part, I act nothing like I did when I worked there too. With the weight loss and a huge push from my current work friends (a BIG thanks J, M, TL and SS), I gained an exuberant amount of confidence which I think has made me a much better person. As I visited each former co-worker, I told them about the last few years and had a certain glow about me as I mentioned my current life. When I finally left there, I felt on top of the world. I know everyone in my life now knows how hard I've worked to move from the ugly duckling to the beautiful swan (and yes, this is how I feel about the whole thing) but I did gain a little more confidence from that visit I made and I truly know now that the last 3 years of watching every morsel of food I put into my body and pushing myself to work out nearly every night has been worth it!
Anyway, everything else is going fairly well. Work is great and I'm still extremely busy. I'm getting ready for another month-end next Friday. It's hard to believe how quick these things seem to come around, but I should be ready for it by Friday afternoon. The Monday after that is Labor Day and I'm off of work and planning on spending that day scrap-booking my Memphis pictures once again. Hopefully I'll have enough creative juices by that point to pump out quite a few pages. Lately my creative abilities have been stuck in neutral and as a result I'm still not even halfway finished. I'd like to have everything done by Halloween so I don't forget all of the little quirks from the trip. I better step it up!
In any case, I better get ready for bed and actually try to get a decent amount of sleep tonight. I'm definitely going to need it for tomorrow! I'll update again after the tournament! Have a great weekend all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment