What a difference a week makes! Last weekend I was going 10 different directions with things I committed to and this week I have no firm plans for the weekend.
The wedding reception last Saturday night was extremely enjoyable and I had a blast dancing and socializing with my co-workers. It was a bit disappointing that everyone couldn't be there but I understand things come up sometimes and not everyone could make it. MH looked absolutely gorgeous in her dress and I wish her and JF the best in married life now that they have finally taken the plunge.
Sunday was a really good day as well. Even after coming home late from the reception the night before, I got up at a decent hour and got myself out to Highland around 10:30 in the morning. After chit-chatting with my Dad and Bro for a few minutes, we headed over to pick up my Aunt and made our way to Nashville, IL for the anniversary party. I don't know about anyone else, but because my immediate family is so small, I forget that when a major family event comes up, we have a ton of extended family members. My head felt like it was on a swivel saying hi, telling people who I was and what I've been up to the last few years and figuring out who belongs to which part of the family. I also forget that with these events, comes a bunch of awesome homestyle cooking and I stuffed myself with the fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, cole slaw and rolls.
Before we left Nashville, we stopped into the one of the few local Kroger stores left and my Bro made fun of me for standing out front and taking a picture of it. He said something to the effect of looking like a crazy tourist taking pictures of grocery store. Kroger stores have always been a big deal to me and it brings back a lot of good memories of my early childhood. I still get excited when I see a Kroger trailer when I'm driving down the interstate and yes, I take pictures when I see a store out of town. (By the way, this is the 3rd store I've taken a picture of in the last few years, I also have pictures from Columbus, OH and Charlottesville, VA and when I come across another store, I will take another picture. So...Ha! Bro!!)
We got back to Highland and decided to just hang out at my Aunt and Uncle's house and enjoy the awesome springtime weather while sitting out and having a few drinks on their patio. Finally around 8, I had to head back across the river and get home so I could get ready for another week of work.
I must say, work this past week went very well once again. I thought I was going to have a few time constraints because I had two payrolls to enter this week and a few other "big" projects that needed to get done, but it went really smooth and I was even able to leave at 4:30 on Wednesday afternoon and 10 minutes early yesterday. (Ok, it wasn't really early because I've been going into work at 7:30 and I had 42 hours in for the week already, but I like to think that I left early.)
Last night, the guys were playing racquetball again and we were invited to go watch and cheer them on but before that, M, SS and I decided to stop in to Wiliker's for one drink before the game. It's funny that we find enjoyment sitting there watching them play racquetball but it is a fun time and we laughed our butts off at them out on the court and laughed some more when we BSed afterwards. It ended up being an early night, which was perfect for me because I was completely exhausted by 9 anyway, so I came home and crashed. Literally, I walked in, put my purse down, called M and made sure she got home alright, walked into my bedroom and fell asleep with my jeans, shirt and jacket on. I don't know what is going on with my sleeping pattern but I've gotten to the point where I only sleep for 5 or 6 hours a night and then I'm wide awake. It wouldn't be bad if I was waking up at my normal time for work but no, I wake up at 3 in the morning and toss and turn until I have to get up at 5:30. Hence the reason why I'm so tired at 9 or 9:30 at night. I don't know if my body has gone back to my college schedule or if I just have too much on my mind, but it has to stop! Maybe this weekend will be a nice way to relax and clear my mind of everything and I can get on a regular sleeping pattern again.
Hope you all have a great weekend!! I'll update again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment