Wow...it's been a busy few weeks once again. I've seemed to stay hopping lately and most of the time I can't tell if I'm coming or going. It's all good though!
Let's see...the Sunday after my birthday was Superbowl and I, along with a few of my coworkers were invited to a party at my boss' house. It was really awesome to get to watch the game on a big screen and hang out with the fun people from the work crowd. It was pretty cool to see the Giants win too, even if I didn't pick them in my football pool!
Exactly one week after my birthday, Derick called me while I was at work and asked what plans I had for the night. Considering it was almost 6:30 and I was still sitting at my desk trying to plug along through payroll and inter-company transactions, I didn't have much planned. He was heading back to Missouri after spending the day in Benton, IL and would be passing right by my house and since we didn't get to do anything special for my birthday, he wanted to make up for it. I was definitely excited to see him so I packed up my stuff and headed home. We went to Olive Garden for dinner (one of my favorite places!) and just came back to my place to talk and relax for a bit. I was so happy he thought of me and it really did make my night 100 times better.
On Friday night, I called Shell after work and asked if she wanted to go out and have dinner and catch up because its been so busy with the holidays and all. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and then hit a few stores in St. Peters. It was so weird seeing all of the teenyboppers at the mall on a Friday night. I remember when we did that 10-12 years ago and man...I don't think we were nearly as disruptive as kids are now days. (Guess this just goes to show that I'm getting old!) Then on Sunday, I drove back out to St. Peters to see Shell model in a bridal show.
Valentine's Day (Thursday) was just like every other day for me and rather than having a hot date that night, M, Kristin & I headed to Syberg's for happy hour. If you can't be with the one you love, its definitely nice to get to spend the time with close friends. While we were there we tried to convince Kristin that she should take this upcoming weekend off and go to Chicago with us for girls' weekend. She agreed and became just as excited about the weekend as we already are.
Friday night was absolutely a blast. M and I decided after work that we were going to go somewhere for a drink. For some reason Wiliker's popped into my mind and off we went. Well, I wasn't ready to go home after that, so we headed over to Charlie's for karaoke. I've become much braver in the past few weeks with getting up in front of a crowd and singing and for some reason on Friday night, I thought I was invincible (of course, it might have to do with the fact that I had 7 Bud Selects! ha!). We ended up singing "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down, "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi & the finale for the night, "Desperado" by The Eagles.
Around 1 in the morning, we headed to pick up my car and then I took off for home. Along the way I decided to call Joe and see how he was doing. And since I was in such a talkative mood, I spent a majority of the time telling him about nearly everything under the sun. Side note: Thanks Joe...I owe you a big time for listening. I bet you never thought I would talk as much as I did that night! I probably could have gone on and on too if you didn't stop me. :)
Saturday I woke up about 8:30 and I was seriously debating whether or not I would drive out to Highland later in the day, but I had made a promise to my bro and around 11, I made the trek out to see him and do his taxes. Like always, I had an absolute blast hanging out with him and Kyle. He was even nice enough to take me out to lunch!! My dad came home a little after that and I was able to visit with him too. My dad also took me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday since I wasn't able to make it out there around my actual birthday. And overall it ended up being a really great day!
Sunday I decided that since I haven't spent much time at home, I would at least spend a few hours trying to clean up my place and then try to get a few things together for Chicago, especially since I was not sure how the rest of this week would pan out.
I must say though, this week has gone somewhat smooth for me so far (it's only Tuesday though!). It's amazing how some weeks go by and I can catch my breath and other weeks go by and I could just cry or scream because life is so demanding.
I am hoping that with this weekend trip to Chicago (and also the trip to Memphis in a few months), I can finally take some time for fun and enjoy what little free time I can find. This upcoming weekend is a girls only weekend with some of my friends and friends of friends. 6 girls in Chicago, shopping, going to see Bon Jovi in concert and having an all out good time...watch out now! I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories and maybe some pictures when I get back! And if I have time, I'll update again after the trip...I guess it will depend on how many more sets of taxes I have to get done in the next few weeks.
Hope you all have a great week! Catch ya later!!!
1 comment:
"He was even nice enough to take me out to lunch!!"
I'm pretty much the best. And the Chinese Buffet is wonderful.
-Bro
Post a Comment