It has only taken me nearly 24 years to realize that I have a different work ethic than 99% of the population and that most people are just happy with finishing something not whether it was done right, wrong or otherwise and I'm the kind of person that if I want something done correctly I should just do it myself. As a result, there has been some tension in my office. I guess I have to be the bigger person and perform damage control on Monday in order to fix the relationships with the people in my office who felt that I have wronged them by telling them their job....no matter how hard that is going to be for me to do because I know what I did and said was the correct thing for the situation in hand. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to surrender and apologize and just realize that most people just work for a paycheck and while yeah, that is nice, I'm there for the bigger picture.
Don't get me wrong, I have to work to support myself, but I'm there to keep moving up in the company. I didn't go to college and step into this position to sit, I came aboard to give them my ideas about business and accounting, learn more about trucking and help this company progress from being a "start-up" to a leader in the transportation industry....all of which are still on my agenda. Most of all, I look at the situation like this -- I look at how far we've come in the year's time I've been there and with a little more hard work on everyone's part, I can see the progression into a transportation giant. I'm just not sure if everyone is there to put in that little bit of extra effort and that bothers me tremendously that they aren't, especially since it would pay off in the end if they put in that extra umphh. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that when profits are up and expenses are down that it means more cash for a company and in my experience (granted I only have 7 years in the workforce), extra cash means bonuses and raises and other incentives. Perhaps I need to refresh everyone's memory...or maybe they know and just don't care. I don't understand why certain people feel like I have a bad attitude, I kinda think my attitude is the correct one to have and I would hope that the company's President and Owner would have the same attitude as me.
Overall this whole incident brings me to a realization that I just can't settle anymore...I'm a fireball of energy when it comes to business and my career and if I means stepping on the toes of my work friends to get in there and get the job done, I guess that's what I'll do and I'll apologize for it later.
In any case, I'm sure I'll have quite the week ahead of me smoothing over all of the issues considering very few people were talking to me at the end of the week after my little rant.
Finally, I just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to my dad and step-dad!
Dad, sorry I couldn't make it out to see you today, but I'll be out to visit in a few weeks. Try to have a relaxing day!
1 comment:
"and step-dad!"
I think a good present for him would be a surprise castration.
Post a Comment